When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Any "international Watch" Readers?

chris5264

iW isn't my favorite watch mag, but I end up reading it semi regularly. Is the "Gary" comic strip supposed to be funny? They seem to be without any humor or even amusing quality. I was just curious if it was just me.....

How about scanning a couple of strips for us?

iW isn't my favorite watch mag, but I end up reading it semi regularly. Is the "Gary" comic strip supposed to be funny? They seem to be without any humor or even amusing quality. I was just curious if it was just me.....

It's a stretch, but a few of them are mildly funny. I'm not sure if the author is being cautious so as to not offend the readers' sensibilities, or if he has a limited sense of humor, but........ this one is a little funny, where Gary wears the watch in the tank as it is tested for being waterproof:

86278-29377.jpg

And, in this one, the bearded dude has just built a Sun Dial in the blistering sun and Gary uses it to create cooling shade for the guy, while overshadowing the time:

86278-29378.jpg

But, all in all, this "humor" is not my cup of tea - its too "weak."