When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 243 - Bezel Modding (& 24a Where to get?)

RedSoxMan

Getting a new 243 Submersible (that already has updated Cylops/Font)--so it appears that the main thing I need to do is fix the Bezel...

-Polishing Markers--is this as simple as "taping off" markers and a lot of elbow grease w/ a Cape Cod?

-Tightening Bezel--putting some Loctite in Bezel?--if so, specifically which Loctite? And do I need to remove Bezel to do so?

If anyone has advice, its greatly appreciated.

Thx a lot.

RSM

PS While on the topic of Submersibles, anyone know where to get a decent PAM 24a?

how did you get a hold of one with updated cyclops?

Robert is selling one... he says it's "updated" and much better optics on the Cyclops (he had them made in Bangkok); improved font. My guess (haven't received it yet) is that the mag is still not there 100%, nor is the font exact... but greatly improved for out-of-the-box. We'll see if I can live with it...

RSM

As far as I know there was never a 24A done with improved cyclops and properly polished bezel. They require work but you can get them to a high standard. Here is one with revised datewheel, redone dial (marker bezels eliminated), polished bezel, gen crown, Jimmy CG and crystal from the ultimate 199. I through in a later gen for comparison. They are a lot of work but you can judge the end product:

IMGP1784.jpg

As far as I know there was never a 24A done with improved cyclops and properly polished bezel. They require work but you can get them to a high standard. Here is one with revised datewheel, redone dial (marker bezels eliminated), polished bezel, gen crown, Jimmy CG and crystal from the ultimate 199. I through in a later gen for comparison. They are a lot of work but you can judge the end product:

IMGP1784.jpg

That 24a is awesome, Kruzer... And you're the man with the 170g Genuine, right? Wow. Total. Complete. Awesomeness...

Actually, the one with improved Cyclops/Font that I was referring to is the: 243...

Totally understand that the 24a is a project watch--just wondering where to get the best one to start with...

And still wondering about polishing! Cape Cod Cloth????

Thanks.

Cheers,

RSM

I have seen some pictures whith a hash-marked bezel and others without it, just with a polished bezel

What is the reason of this? are there two differentes models?

I don't think the base 024A is available from dealers anymore....You need to find one on resale.

All of the available 024's are with the modern graduated marker dive bezel....