When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How does this look? First purchase - SOSF

tooler

After much to'ing and fro'ing I have finally received soem pictures of the my first rep. How does it look? I've asked for a better photo showing the pearl as it seems a bit off in the photo's. What does the forum think of it? Is replacing a pearl on a SOSF doable? I've found many instructionals on replacing a Rolex pearl but nothing on a SOSF.

Thanks

post-15884-1223085622_thumb.jpg

post-15884-1223085672_thumb.jpg

post-15884-1223085913_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Why didn't you take a photo of the pearl? :D I think it looks a bit off, too. Also the right breitling wing is off, and the lume on some (hour) markers aren't fully ok. That's what I can see... You had to go for a white one if you ordered the asian version (because of AR)!

Greetz.

I dont understand what you mean by "You had to go for a white one if you ordered the asian version (because of AR)!"

I was actually offered a white one, but I wanted the black as I already have a few white/silver faced watches

The major flaw of the asian SOSF (not talking about the movement) is the lack of anti reflective coating on the crystal. This flaw is less visible in the white dial than in the black or blue dials. I think changing the pearl is a problem and even if you do it you will still have significant flaws such as the lack of AR coating and the missplaced wing. IMO, instead of buying the asian version and trying to invest in modds, you should go for the swiss ETA, and maybe try to consult the forum before purchase (this is for your next watch). Anyway, wear it well.

Well that sucks :-)

I did do a bunch of reasearch and the pro's/cons's on the asian v. swiss all revovled around the movements, this is the first time I have heard about the bodies being so different as well. Wonder if it's too late to upgrade, cause I really like the black...

Hi,

Why didn't you take a photo of the pearl? :D I think it looks a bit off, too. Also the right breitling wing is off, and the lume on some (hour) markers aren't fully ok. That's what I can see... You had to go for a white one if you ordered the asian version (because of AR)!

Greetz.

"Also the right breitling wing is off"

What do you mean it is off?

What are you paying for the watch?

As far as the watch itself and AR. I am not a huge fan myself of AR. It looks great as long as it dosent get scratched and it gets finger prints on it real easy. Matter of fact on one of my last Gen B watches I had my watchmaker remive the AR because the finger prints drove me crazy and I scratched it soon after buying it.

Edited by RJR

"Also the right breitling wing is off"

What do you mean it is off?

What are you paying for the watch?

As far as the watch itself and AR. I am not a huge fan myself of AR. It looks great as long as it dosent get scratched and it gets finger prints on it real easy. Matter of fact on one of my last Gen B watches I had my watchmaker remive the AR because the finger prints drove me crazy and I scratched it soon after buying it.

With a gen you can remove the AR and it is still a gen, but a breitling rep with no AR "screams fake" because all gen breitlings have AR coating.