When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone know or seen one of these Omegas

JimmyT

Anyone seen one of these? I inherited it from my uncle. It was the classic "25 years of service" gold watch.

I;ve looked around and can't find a model no or anything about it. it is enscribed on the back "Presented to...."

blah, blah 1960.

I just keep winding it up and she only runs about 25 seconds fast every 2-4-days.

Any thoughts ?

MyOmega2jpg.jpg

Beautiful piece. I love those old fat top Omega logos. I have an old same period Seamaster but it has all stick markers...no Arabic numerals...and no running seconds at 6. If it has never been serviced, that watch should see a watchmaker to ensure it keeps running...especially with the increasing rarity of replacement parts.

Hi T.Torrent,

yeah I thought it should have atrip to the doctor before it needs a major.

I still wear it and people do comment on it - " gee, where did you get that old girl" sort of thing.

Best

JT

A 34mm Seamaster :) Is it auto or manual? Likely caliber 268 if manual, or cal. 491 if auto. I have a Seamaster with a 268 in it and it keeps great time, and is one of my favorite watches! Enjoy it, very timeless.

It's a 1962 Seamaster with a 522 calibre automatic movement.

ea0c3yf4.jpg

Anyone seen one of these? I inherited it from my uncle. It was the classic "25 years of service" gold watch.

I;ve looked around and can't find a model no or anything about it. it is enscribed on the back "Presented to...."

blah, blah 1960.

I just keep winding it up and she only runs about 25 seconds fast every 2-4-days.

Any thoughts ?

Nice one! Looks like a bumper auto... or am I wrong? Were they still making them in the 60s? I have a couple of bumpers that look quite similar to that but maybe 10-15 years older. I love it!

It's a 1962 Seamaster with a 522 calibre automatic movement.

ea0c3yf4.jpg

Are we talking about my Omega in my post or Fireman Fred's ?

Mine's the one with the sub-second dial.........pretty sure it's not a Seamaster

Here' mine. It's just on the way back from a full service, cleaning and new plexi crystal. I can't wait to get it back. Maybe tomorrow.

vintage1.jpg

vintage2.jpg

Man, that is ia beatiful piece. Just sweet !

FF, is that movement all original? Maybe it's just the light but it looks like there's a color difference between the winding bridges and the plate... possibly from cleaning during a service? Not sure, I can't tell... I'm still waiting on pictures of the movement in my Constellation Cal. 564 :throb:

• 2 weeks later...
That has class and SPIRIT!!!

What's the size? It looks reasonably sized to me.

Hi By-Tor,

sorry it's taken so long to get back - had to travel for work.

My old Omega is so close to 35mm across the case and 38mm including the crown.

As I mentioned it was presented to my uncle for 20 years service in 1960 according to the engraving

on the back of the case.

cheers from Oz

Jim