When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

U-Boat 50mm PVD Flightdeck Chrono Review

oberblender

Hi folks!

Got this beauty from PT and needed to let you take part in this, since I couldn't find any U-Boat Flightdeck review here. :)

I don't have a gen to compare it to, but I got some gen pics off the web for comparison.

The thing is... I don't see any great flaws on the dial or movement. Sure there are some little flaws, but they

are not noticable without having a picture or a gen right next to it. But look for yourself.

The only big flaw mine might have: There is NO lume on the numerals or hands. Absolutely NO lume. But this could also be meant like this as I remember reading a review of a gen U-Boat Flightdeck Chrono where the author mentions that i has only lume on the hands.

hmmm... any thoughts about this?

And now: SOME PICTURES OF MY NEW LOVE! :)

First some comparison shots:

rev1.jpg

rev2.jpg

rev3.jpg

Now some more for you enjoyment: :D

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

I hope you liked my litte review... Don't be to harsh, since it is my first one! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hello oberblender,

Thanks for the nice pics !

I am about to fall for this one ;-)

The more I see it, the more I like it...

Is there a Gen carbon dial like this one or is it a fantasy watch ?

Are you still happy with it ?

still very happy with it.

There is a 43mm with carbon dial... didn't actually see pics of a 50mm with carbon dial...

who knows...

don't really know about reluming.... because the numerals and hands are silver...

haven't heard about any silver lume yet... or is there something like silver lume?

I did not realise it was silver and not white.

Is it contrasted enough to read time ?

I am hesitating between this one and the carbon / orange version...

Does the orange one have carbon dial? Looking from the pictures on dealer's sites I don't see the carbon dial for the orange version. I like the yellow one better but want a carbon dial also so I'm still on the fence.

e07612dc31d152cb754a6a46430667d0.image.750x497.JPG

Does the orange one have carbon dial? Looking from the pictures on dealer's sites I don't see the carbon dial for the orange version. I like the yellow one better but want a carbon dial also so I'm still on the fence.

Humm... the web site say it does "Black Carbon Fibre Dial with Yellow Numeral Markers".

In fact on Trysty's, even the white one doesn't seem to have carbon dial on the pics (?)

Would anybody have a actual pic of the orange model ?

I actually got in touch with the manufacturer and asked for info about dealers in Scandinavia and a lady from Denmark (where they have their disti apparently) came back to me with the Excel-sheet I have attached.

True, the prices in it is Swedish Crowns (SEK), but to convert it to Euro just divide it by 10 and you get a very close equivalent to Euro.

The fun part is that the Excelsheet describes the type of movement for each model, type of case and type of dials and strap.

Oh, and I also got an Excel sheet of AD in Denmark if someone wants that, but this file I havent enclosed, but can upload on request.

Prisliste_til_svensk_kunde.xls

Edited by wiseman

the ones with orange and yellow markers don't have carbon dials, as far as I'm concerned.

my watch has silver markes... not white... and yes the contrast is very good. no problem reading the markers... with this size it wouldn't be a problem if there were yellow markers on a yellow dial ;)

thx wiseman for the xls sheet!

I have this one in SS. On this one the dail is black not carbon.

The movement is Asia 7750.

A strange thing happened tonite:

I was at a mall in northern Stockholm, Sweden and when I sat at a coffeshop drinking a double espresso with my wife and two of my kids I saw a well-known watch-dealer called "Ur och Penn" (Watch and Pen) which among other things are the disti of Citizen in Sweden.

I went into the store and asked whether they had watches in 43 or 50 mm since I wanted to see how a watch that large would fit my wrist.

And would you know...there in the store they have this brand (I asked who made the brand but the lady was new and didnt know) called "Jetset" and some of their watches was a mirror-image of the U-boat cases complete with the "crown-guard"

I actully asked to try one on and discovered why U-boat has the "crown-guard" to the left instead of the right, since I had trouble moving my wrist with this "mirror-copy", I tried it on my right wrist to "simulate" how it would feel to have the crownguard facing your arm (and not your hand) and it was way better.

I would think that anyone having their watch on their left arm, should probably go with the crown-guard on the left as U-boat has.

Oh, and here are some pics from "Ur och Penn" website showing the "Jetset" brand with the "San Remo" models.

In the store there were actually one that was even more U-boat

Can anyone confirm that the picture above is a U-boat "Flightdeck Cab O"?

I checked the Uboat official site http://www.uboatwatch.it/main.html and its impossible to link to pics there since they use some sort of Flash website.... but according to the pics here:

http://www.mattbaily.ca/index.php/brands/u...k-50-cab-orange

the pic above is bound to be the "Flightdeck Can O".

Also, Stallone seems to favour this model too...

http://www.mattbaily.ca/index.php/blog/200...-boat-bandwagon

Here's a video review posted by a dealer not well known on this site. Now I'm sold on the carbon fiber dial model. Although I love her accent (Hong Kong?) and her soothing voice with background music makes me feel like I was in a spa :) , I won't buy from her as dealers on this site have much better prices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSqlLrBVgdM

I love the way she says at the end "the biggest wrist watch I've seen" :D