When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Omega Seamaster Professional Bond

imranbecks

Agreed! :) nice pics you have there imranbecks... the pearl on ur rep loosk especially well made.

Yeah, the pearl looks good doesn't it.. Exactly why I fear the bezel insert might fall off without me noticing and thus losing the insert forever as we all know its either using a poor glue or double sided tape.. Touch wood.. Hope it would never happen. Problem though is that the replacement inserts that I received from Perfect Clones did not come with a pearl!!! Wld you believe it....

Edited by imranbecks

Problem though is that the replacement inserts that I received from Perfect Clones did not come with a pearl!!! Wld you believe it....

Yeah, I ordered 2 inserts from another dealer and guess, neither of the inserts had the pearl. I was told that the pearl is now attached to the bezel and not the insert. From this, the pearl will always be centered and not off centered as the case with some watches.

Yeah, I ordered 2 inserts from another dealer and guess, neither of the inserts had the pearl. I was told that the pearl is now attached to the bezel and not the insert. From this, the pearl will always be centered and not off centered as the case with some watches.

Is this the King SMP?

Thats what I thought.. So maybe the later replicas have the pearl attached to the bezel...??? That would be good.. I wonder if mine has the pearl attached onto the bezel as well. Can't really tell if it is though upon closer inspection.. I guess I will only find out if the bezel insert came off.. Hope it will not come to that.

ask Josh to send you some pearls now but I think you're being over careful on the 2 spare bezel inserts ;)

I did ask him. According to Josh, he doesn't sell the pearl... Darn..

I wonder, what are the chances of our replica bezel inserts coming off? I'm careful now coz it happened to me once when the insert of my other SMP limited 007 came off last January, luckily I found the insert to attach it back.. Had no problems with it since coz the glue I used was really strong.

Edited by imranbecks

The adhesive is pretty strong.. usually. The only problem I've ever encountered was a SMP Chrono I received which during transit, the insert got loose.

At least the insert was still there so you could still attach it back. My fear is not being able to find the insert if it were to ever come off while I'm doing my daily routine outside the house..

Anyway, took this photo earlier, had nothing better to do... I just had to.. :p

2928116229_51974cef9b.jpg

Very good pics, there.

Now, to address your insert fall-out question: I've not heard of this occurring on the SMP 300M, only on the chrono. My chrono had this issue, and after re-application three times, only to repeat its penchant for detachment, I finally cleaned it of old adhesive, and applied a few drops of 'Gorilla Glue'. It's been perfect ever since.

Your watch's only obvious problem (which I'm surprised no-one of our anal-retentive members has pointed out thus far) is the usual mis-aligned insert. A small rotation following a heat treatment should do it. It's the only thing standing between you and a really close to spot-on rep.

Notice how the insert markers are aligned with the 'peaks' of the bezel on the gen.

Omega-Seamaster-Pro-1-1.jpg

Very good pics, there.

Now, to address your insert fall-out question: I've not heard of this occurring on the SMP 300M, only on the chrono. My chrono had this issue, and after re-application three times, only to repeat its penchant for detachment, I finally cleaned it of old adhesive, and applied a few drops of 'Gorilla Glue'. It's been perfect ever since.

Your watch's only obvious problem (which I'm surprised no-one of our anal-retentive members has pointed out thus far) is the usual mis-aligned insert. A small rotation following a heat treatment should do it. It's the only thing standing between you and a really close to spot-on rep.

Notice how the insert markers are aligned with the 'peaks' of the bezel on the gen.

Omega-Seamaster-Pro-1-1.jpg

funny i nvere thought to look at the misaligned bezel... must be too busy admiriing the watch as a whole! hehe... One thing that i dont really get, and maybe someone can help me out is the method of realigning ( the haird dryer method). Many have mentioned heating the bezel such that a glue softens and the bezel cn be moved and left to dry again... but would this compromise the integrity of the glue so to speak... meaning that the glue used wont be as strong as when initially applied?

It seems the safer method is take out the bezel and going for a reapplication...am i right?

I never had any joy with the hairdryer method. The windowsill sun-through-the-window method works a treat, in my experience. Most claim no issues with glue problems, but like I said - it's easily re-glue-able. Varied results have been had employing the complete bezel removal version. It seems like a lot of work to me, and can be tricky (if you can successfully remove it in the first place) to put it back on correctly aligned. Search the fora for this method and members' results.

I have three SMP Bond reps. One from Silix (which looks like the one you have) and two "bargain" Bonds. The hair dryer method didn't really work with the Silix rep. It took waaay too much heat to soften the glue and I ended up scratching the bezel insert while trying to move it. One of the "bargain" Bonds was very easy to work with using the hair dryer. The other "bargain" Bond has a bezel insert that will not budge!

Luck of the draw.

Does the doll have it's own little Bond watch?

As a matter of fact it does! I wouldn't call it a doll, its actually a statue made of polystone, about 18 inches in height.. So yeah, the statue comes with its own little Seamaster, not really as detailed, but its there... >>>

Image218.jpg

Image219.jpg

Image220.jpg