When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1675 Is this a good rep?

marcl

I am by no means an expert, so is this GMT a good rep? It looks pretty good to me but i expect to have people shouting ' are you kidding' I would love one of these and have read all the reviews on various versions, but i have to say it can get a little confusing.

If this is not good, which is the best version? Taking into consideration that i do not have the expertise to mod it. I have read the noob version is one of the best but needs modding, so no good for me.

Thanks in advance. Marc

http://www.tt88time.com/index.php?main_pag...products_id=309

thanks guys. any suggestions on which to go for without modding? ihs for me after your review by-tor (i think it was you) God i'm going to have to stop looking at watches! its all just one big pepsi looking blur! :o

Marcl,

There are no decent reps of the 1675 "out of the box". All will require mod work. There are quite a few of us that hope some day but that hasn't surfaced yet.

Polexpete and I have parallel 1675 projects going, his looks great! -do a search and take a look.

Here's some pix of mine from Silix to show what can be done, but it has the inaccurate "oyster perpetual date" on it.

DSCN5255.jpg

DSCN5256.jpg

might just wait and see then. i did read polexpete's article. gorgeous watch but i have never modded a watch, so not for me. What i don't understand is why hasn't anyone made a great rep yet? i have a noob LV from Chris and it's pretty damn nice and yet there is a big following for the GMT. Imagine all the people who haven't the skill to mod a watch, who would buy one! Same goes for vintage Omega's i supose like the flightmaster.

Thanks again guys. Marc. :)

What i don't understand is why hasn't anyone made a great rep yet?

Impossible to answer this... this is what people been wondering for YEARS.

There is no good rep and we simply have to live with it. :(

However, the 16710 rep is very good. Read my section, it's full of reviews of this model.

might just wait and see then. i did read polexpete's article. gorgeous watch but i have never modded a watch, so not for me. What i don't understand is why hasn't anyone made a great rep yet? i have a noob LV from Chris and it's pretty damn nice and yet there is a big following for the GMT. Imagine all the people who haven't the skill to mod a watch, who would buy one! Same goes for vintage Omega's i supose like the flightmaster.

Thanks again guys. Marc. :)

Hi Marc,

First of all thankyou for your comments. The problem with great (perfect) reps is that they would probably make this forum irrelavant (and the dealers bankrupt)

If you want "great" you've gotta be prepared to do some work yourself or pay someone to do it.

You will find in time here that the members with the most awesome pieces have invested a lot of time building them from what can be found from various sources built up over time.

If the perfect rep existed we probably wouldn't be interested anyway. There is no such thing as perfect. This is why this forum exists and why it is such a fantastic place to be if you love small mechanical things.

I had never modded a watch before either but you learn if you want to, go on, try it....

You need advice just ask here

best regards

P.

Thanks P.

I would love to, i am good with stuff like that. the problem is i would spend a fortune on tools and watches and it would probably get out of hand (maybe its suppose to).

Another problem is time i have an 18 month old son and he takes most of my time, more than my business. But i do admire your skill and finished products.

Just one last thing p? How good or bad is the watch you started with? (I think it was from Silix wasn't it?) I love the look of the Plexiglas crystal, it just adds so much character over sapphire.

Thanks again P.

kind regards. Marc.