When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some Eyecandy.... My New Breitlings.... Navitimer And Chronomat

Guest chronomat123

Guest chronomat123

Here's my new Chronomat GT. I'm doing some work to this watch-- completely refinishing it and doing something unique... will keep you updated on this. This watch is beautiful, but its size is dwarfed by my Panerais. 41mm seems small to me these days.

86945-29230.jpg

And here's what everyone should consider doing to their Navitimers. As you guys might already know, the Asian 7750 Navitimer that most dealers stock has the Navitimer "Fighters Special Edition" dial and caseback. However, one significant flaw of this rep model is that the genuine Fighters Special Edition comes with a completely brushed/matte finish case, bezel, and bracelet. And the reps we buy come in a high polish ss.

Something just didn't look right to me about my Navitimer rep ( I know you miss it, Dragon!). I realized that something about the bezel just seemed "off". It seemed too shiny, too blingy.

Well, I bit my lip and bought some 600 grit sandpaper from Lowe's. About 2 hours later, I was ecstatic. Gone was the uber-reflective, "look at me" polished finish. This is now my favorite watch ever-- rep or gen. It looks so much beter, so much "crisper" with the mate ss finish-- and it's yet one step closer to the gen model. With the matte finish, the watch looks so rugged and indestructible. Even the girlfriend likes it, who tends to dislike my Breitlings.

MY NAVITMER:

86945-29231.jpg

GENUINE NAVITMER "FIGHTERS":

86945-29232.jpg

Guest chronomat123

djtimodj: I'll upload some better scans soon... the new finish really looks great

nukka: No, this is my new Chronomat GT. My old one was a Longitude model with the GMT hand, and, yes, it's been sold, long gone.

djtimodj: I'll upload some better scans soon... the new finish really looks great

nukka: No, this is my new Chronomat GT. My old one was a Longitude model with the GMT hand, and, yes, it's been sold, long gone.

Very odd that you decided to mod what appears to be the same watch that you have put up for sale here.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=7771

Anyway, its coincidental cause I was thinking of buying your Navi for this exact project. I was planning to dismantle the watch and use my dremel with a wire brush to make sure that the angle of the brushing matched the gen.

Would love to see some quality pics.

Edited by andreww

Guest chronomat123

It's obviously no longer for sale if I'm modifying it and wearing it... I guess the mod should yank that post...indeed, the reason I was selling it, was because I felt it lacked "something..."

Now it lacks nothing... I love it...

Thanks for the help, Pugwash. You sound like a lot of things.

After reading your posts and interactions with many memebers of this forum, I have concluded that you are simply and unquestionably a complete [censored]. (I'm sure I violated a forum rule, by calling you an [censored] (which you most certainly are!) so I will accept my punishment accordingly...[censored]!.) Good day...[censored]!

Thanks for the help, Pugwash. You sound like a lot of things.

Thanks for the so very kind words. They mean so much coming from you. I'll cherish and appreciate your views from hereon in, and I do value the time you spent coming up with that post.

I feel all warm and gooey now. Shucks, I'm loved. :D

It's obviously no longer for sale if I'm modifying it and wearing it... I guess the mod should yank that post...indeed, the reason I was selling it, was because I felt it lacked "something..."

Now it lacks nothing... I love it...

Obviously? Nothing seems to be obvious with you dude. It seemed that you put the watch up for sale, made a deal with another member for it, then left him hanging without word. You didn't alter the for sale thread to let others know, and you didn't rename it so the mods could delete it.

On top of that you were rude to my friend Pugwash.

The only thing that is obvious Chronomat123 is that you are not making any friends here.

Moderator, please ban this clown before he rips someone off. I would send some pms/emails to the moderators from the other sites as well. I'm sure he'll make his rounds passing off his crap. I'm guessing this knucklehead is the kind of guy that will pass on his Canal Street special as a perfect ETA that has been serviced by his local watchmaker.

F'in tool. I haven't like this guy since the minute he arrived. He's probably 17 and plays with fire a lot. (no offense to the other seventeen yr olds. :feedtroll3pr:

Guest chronomat123

Admin,

You'd best watch what you say about me.

As far as you're concerned...

I agreed to purchase one of your fake IWCs, and wrote that I would send payment the following morning at work. Well, because I was needed for clinical exams all day, I literally didn't have one free minute that day to get on a computer to send you the money. So I logged on that evening when I got home to send the funds via PayPal, and was greeted with this message from you:

"Sorry, the 24 hour period for payment has timed out since last night, and it has been sold to another member. "

You lacked the professional courtesy as a seller to so much as wait for my reply before going and selling to another member.

But, because I'm not a little [censored], I didn't go around making posts about how you were an unstable and untrustworthy seller.

I sucked it up and moved on. Don't get your panties in such a wad.

I am a dental student right now and am working my ass off to be accepted to a surgical program so that I can get an MD. I have a home in Gainesville, FL, a home in Palm Beach, FL, and a home in St. Petersburg, Fl. I travel very frequently between these houses, and am unable to check my e-mail or log on to the Internet sometimes for days at a time, given my hectic traveling schedule, my schooling, my job as an intern at an OMS clinic, and the 2 research studies I am working on that are consuming a pathetically considerable chunk of my life.

I am very busy and have neither the desire nor the time to browse the Internet all hours of the day like many members.

So if you hear 2 guys write that they e-mailed me about a watch I was selling and never heard back, maybe you understand where I am coming from a little better.

On several occasions I have e-mailed about buying watches that were for sale on the sales page, only to never hear back a response from the seller. Such isn't the grounds for me (or you) to start crying to everyone else to avoid so-and-so because they suck with e-mails. Of course, it's a different story if so-and-so rips someone off.

I have bought 5 watches here on RWG and have the references to prove it. I have also sold 2 to happy customers, and have a glowing positive feedback rating on eBay for selling *Real* watches from my personal collection.

Several weeks ago I offered some of my genuine watches up for trade. You and some others generated a shitstorm because you thought it unusual that a new member was offering genuine watches for sale. Your concern, I suppose, is understandable. Many autocratic members like yourself demanded that I post photos to prove I owned the watches: And when I did post the photos of my genuine watches, no one apologized or retracted their comments that were written in such a way that they almost certainly scared off any buyers into thinking I was a scammer or something.

Your claims, Admin, are rife with exaggeration, and it really pisses me off that you'd go so far to try and tar my reputation when I did nothing to you or anyone else.

Because of your inexplicable personal vendetta against me, you are misleading the members of this forum by giving the impression that I've ripped someone off, even though such a thing has never happened.

The simple fact that you don't like me does not mean that you need to $hit-stain every post I make.

I am embarrassed that I've let you and some of your folex minions turn every post I make into a [censored] flinging contest.

As you know, like you, I tend to collect primarily genuine watches. I am new to this whole replica thing and am in it because I am continually impressed by the watches that show up here.

If you have a problem with me personally, that's fine. I don't like you either.

Insult me all you want. But don't you dare try to tarnish my reputation by posting misleading, unsupported statements about my character.

I'm a paying member who buys and sells and contributes to discussions and information exchange here on RWG, and I'm gonna stay here, so you'd better get to used to me.

So may I suggest you ignore me and my posts.

Just be sure to quit flaming my posts unless you have something pertinent to add.

I used to make fun of you hall monitorish/by-the-book/won't lose his virginity til he's 25 types when I was in high school. And now it seems you're all ganging up on me.

Seriously, you're proud of preying on weaker kids in school? And you expect us to lay off now?

The internet is run by those you picked on, and you probably work for a geek. See what Karma does?

Ok, I think I'll lay off now as this can't go anywhere positive.

ps. Please note: I haven't taken the [censored] out of your photography.