When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yacht-Master

BigSlickAK

This piece has been around for years. It seems that Members aren't too keen on it and prefer to go with Modding and perfecting Sub and Daytonas.

Everyone else is pretty much inclined to be satisfied with a "decent" or "good" YM. But how about a perfect one? Is it because this piece has the easily identifiable Platinum Bezel and Dial that almost NO current Reps can match the GEN? I guarantee that this is the case as I've seen the discolouring of the "good" YM's greyish dial and as well Pics of the sunburst YM dials that some have tried to pass on as Gens.

So going trhough the Boards (RWG, Darkside) and googling the "Outsiders". Here are the contenders.

Contender 1

RLX-YM-SS1-02.JPG

Puretime - $178

Contender 2

rols011-1-h.jpg

SilixPrime - $205

Contender 3

8.jpg

Joshua _ $228

-----Cut off point

These one

78760-2008Z-01.jpg

bracelet

YMPRE41.jpg

Dial

YMPRE01.jpg

Case production pics

YMPRE03.jpg

YMPRE11.jpg

Is the $675 worth it for the Pics posted? Think AP ROO's, Hublot BB, and all those other Super Reps that are commanding big bucks because of the 1:1 casing, Dial work, Ceramic bezels and yet - CRAP movements (per the The Zigmeister review). Hands falling off, etc

Yet others are still paying $700+ for those pieces on these boards!?

Edited by BigSlickAK

I’m not a Rolex expert, and I could easily spot than contenders 1 to 5 are reps, the easy tell the red yachtmaster font, crown size and crown guards than haven’t quite right the u shape, I can’t see for the pics if any has the correct raised crystals. Imho, the noobmaster it

Edited by emuozz

I've voted with my dollars; WM9 16622 is in my future (due for Dec delivery), but I certianly didn't pay $675 for mine!

I'm eager to receive it... Especially after all the waiting and build up of the project. That's quite possibly one of the most intriguing aspects of this controversial dealer for me- Seeing the project take shape with progress pics as things develop. Comparison pics to show what's been done and what's been improved.

Thanks guys.

I realize text on a page gets the SCAM site marking with RWG Members, (especially from past history) with the B&R's claiming a specific movement and Superlumed, yet none were.

Mention of the material on this piece says 316, and weight is 6 ounces off from the original based on one movement to one movement (or so it is claimed)

But in terms of Pics being worth it and clearly showing what you are getting. 1:1 with claim of an original movement being able to fit, I guess they tried the original test piece YM in their case, so I am just excited (sofar).

Communication has been good with all the Cntenders, (all answering within a day - Timezone so understandable)

The thing with the WM9 site is, you have to take all the technical claims (i.e. their certified watchmakers, etc. etc), and take it all with a grain of salt. Simply, let their pictures do the talking... And if the new YM is anything like the Z serial Sub, it stands to reason that it's likely going to be pretty good.

I'm reserving final word for when I receive mine and have it in hand. But so far I like what I see.

I'm not sure which one of the contenders is the current Noobmaster? Can someone point it out for me?

Also, Chris says he is offering a modified Noob yachtmaster that contains the crystal and bezel from the MBK. It will be cheaper than the MBK and combine the best parts from the MBK with the Noob. He calls it a EuroYachtmaster.

Any thoughts?