When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean Rubber

RobbieG

I finally scored a rubber strap for my PO. I really love the watch to begin with and this added versatility just bumps up the love even more. The straps are also very comfortable which in my experience is not always the case with rubber. It has such a defined shape that you can even wear it loose like a bracelet, which is especially cool. Enjoy the candy...

POrubber1b.jpg

POrubber2.jpg

I bought the strap from a member on TZ for a great price and his was new and unused..Otto sells them for around $200 all in with strap & buckle I think. Expensive, but worth it. Of course if you have a UPO, the latest rep rubber is fine I think for that one, but my gen is a 42MM and there was never a good rep rubber strap made for that one...

Where did you get the strap?

RobbieG those photos are poison!!! I'm getting a 45mm rep version of your gen 42mm in the photo with the rubber strap.. >>> http://www.joshwatch.com/omse01004-planet-...242-p-4220.html Can't wait to get it! Getting a rep coz I just don't have the $$$ to spend on a gen PO... But I am saving for a gen SMP Co-Axial ^_^ The PO looks so good with the rubber strap!

Edited by imranbecks

Thanks man. Good choice on the UPO. You will love it. You will want to immediately consider having Chief do double AR for the crystal though. That is a very important mod that IMO must be done. The gen PO is ALL about the AR. The whole look of the watch and richness of the dial depends on it and it ties the watch together. The non-double AR watch is fine, but it just isn't the same without deep double AR. I realize that many of the pics on the dealer sites make the AR look good but that is mostly because of having the watch at the perfect angle. In real life there is no comparison trust me. Consider these pics. The dial just looks so rich and deeply black because of the AR - and at any angle! The good news is for a small amount of dough and a short wait, your rep will be as good as the gen after having the AR done because the rest of the watch is mostly perfect. Get the lume done at the same time and it will light up like a torch just like the gen too. Even if you did both you would still have maybe $600 into the watch or so, which is a far cry from the cost of the gen. Best of luck with it...

PO1.jpg

PO18.jpg

RobbieG those photos are poison!!! I'm getting a 45mm rep version of your gen 42mm in the photo with the rubber strap.. >>> http://www.joshwatch.com/omse01004-planet-...242-p-4220.html Can't wait to get it! Getting a rep coz I just don't have the $$$ to spend on a gen PO... But I am saving for a gen SMP Co-Axial ^_^ The PO looks so good with the rubber strap!

Nikon. Tripod. Natural diffused light always in the AM. Dust clean up in Shop. Nothing else really besides a hair of level adjustment but nothing too drastic there as some do. Too much processing and they start to look surreal which is exactly what I don't want. I shoot in natural light always because I want to preserve that natural feel without looking too slick. Just my particular style I guess. I also prefer not to use a light box as well. It is tougher to shoot this way as the light rarely cooperates. But when it works, it works. It is all in the setup...

Very nice...great camera work too...what are you shooting with?