When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Moocroc On A Moonwatch

Pugwash

I like crocodiles and lizards and snakes and stuff and therefore find it a little difficult to consider wearing their skin as a watch strap. This restricts my choice of strap purchases, apart from I bloody hate cows and have no qualms about wearing leather from moo-cows on my watches.

Luckily, you can get fake croc made from cow, and I'm sure it has a proper name, but I hereby dub it MooCroc, in case it doesn't.

Nakiraa recently posted where he got his gaudy orange and black PO strap, and I found they did MooCroc straps in the style of the genuine Omega MoonWatch straps. This was not to be turned down, especially as they were cheap. As cheap as me! 11.48€ including delivery and they accept paypal. It's called Croco Elegance. It's no as padded as the genuine, but it'll do. I'm sure they do a more padded one, to be honest.

Anyway, enough banter, here's the pics:

87224-29175.jpg

87224-29176.jpg

87224-29177.jpg

That's now TS MooCroc TM to you!! :lol::rolleyes:

Great pic - great strap!

It ticks all my boxes:

(1) It's black - tick

(2) It's not SS - tick

(3) Now has an amusing name - tick

(4) It doesn't cost more than the watch! Tick tick tick!

Brilliant link too - I might try this lot. *Bookmarked*!

Cheers! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 3 weeks later...

What a great watch,

it's now on my wishlist.......

I am looking at the strap and can not tell if it is black or a maroon color. The top one looks to have a maroon color and the other two seem to be black.

It seems that the strap is more difficult to photograph than the watch. I have seen this on some strap sites and have held off on purchases because I can not tell exactly what the color is (usually the photo is too dark).

Usil

Can you see what I was talking about in the first picture? Looks a little warmer in color.

I know what you mean. It's an unbalanced picture, as you can see by the background. Rather sloppy of me not matching it by hand afterwards as I usually do, I admit. :D

I know what you mean. It's an unbalanced picture, as you can see by the background. Rather sloppy of me not matching it by hand afterwards as I usually do, I admit. :D

... in fact, this whole photoshoot could be better. Hmm ...

The subtleties you are capturing in your pictures call for exactness where as the same variation for my landscapes is just a matter of preference. No one will ever see the exact place and time and light I take my pictures so my final product has room for variations but for display purposes like this there is no room for leaway. I think yours is the harder and requires much higher Photoshop skills.

Usil

it looks there are some wierd things going on with the stitching on that moocroc (i linked to the pic i'm talking about below). any comments on the quality of the stitching?

Slightly glossy black stitching. Very reflective under harsh lighting. The MoonWatch loves harsh lighting.

The subtleties you are capturing in your pictures call for exactness where as the same variation for my landscapes is just a matter of preference. No one will ever see the exact place and time and light I take my pictures so my final product has room for variations but for display purposes like this there is no room for leaway.

I also have to assume your monitor is calibrated. :D

Here's the replacement. Not perfect, but the supermarket closes in 15 min.

96784-27194.jpg

I have a LaCie electron22blue III and calibrate the monitor using my video card control software. I need to get a true calibrator but so far this has been sufficient. Since I saw the variation in the top image and not the others, I did not believe it to be a calibration issue but differences in the actual images.

What kind of calibration kit do you use? Do you use an LCD screen or regular monitor. So far, I have stayed away from LCD screens but that was 5 years ago when I got the LaCie, so I am sure things have changed siince then.

Usil

What kind of calibration kit do you use? Do you use an LCD screen or regular monitor. So far, I have stayed away from LCD screens but that was 5 years ago when I got the LaCie, so I am sure things have changed siince then.

Dell 24" widescreen HD LCD and I use Colorsync on Mac OSX to handle the colours.

I did not believe it to be a calibration issue but differences in the actual images.

You're absolutely right. My point is that most people won't have calibrated screens.