When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where do you think scam sites buy watches from?

Jawo

Scam sites have been a hot topic for a while and I am curious where they buy their watches from? I highly doubt that they buy them from the factory direct and am suspect that they purchase from the dealers we know. I am not for certain about this but I don't find it likely that they would have direct factory contacts. Most of the scam sites seem to have the same watches that are found on these forums. They just happen to sell up to 4 times the asking price. I looked at Bluefakes as an example. I find their guarantees, policies and specs just hilarious. Where do you guys think they get their watches from?

My first rep came from a well known "scam" site. I spent 925 for a TT Sub. Now after 4 years buying rep watches I can tell you exactly what this watch is...........its a TW best base sub with a swiss ETA 2836 movement. It has all the faults of the typical TW best......thick CG, bad pearl, not the best dial. However the watch does have a solid gold mid link band. I did not test the crown or bezel but after 4 years they show no signs of wear so perhaps they are solid gold also? The only other major fault are the end links. Gen TT subs have three piece end links with the center part solid gold. This rep has one piece end links where the center portion is plated gold.

perry is right- many of the scam sites sell TW Best. in fact - james from Best Swiss admitted it on rwg1 during a

famous thread awhile back. i have a few myself and the truth is they're quite good, but way overpriced. they do have real etas

and solid gold midlinks which i tested @ 10-12 kt. but who knows know- its very hard to get real etas lately.

also- they buy directly from some of our own dealers and double the prices.

Edited by Noel Fleischer