When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Some Words From The Bottom Of Our Hearts

Also I have to disagree with your assertion that the buyer bears no fault in the purchase of a subpar rep. There is enough info on this and the 3 other forums to inform a buyer of the flaws of a certain rep or dealer. If he chooses to buy that rep and then have buyer's remorse than he has no one to blame but himself. If you are definitely sure that a better rep will be coming in the near future than you are more than free to not buy the current rep model and wait for the next one, but I for one would like to have the choice of buying now or later.

What Eddy said.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@Trusty.......well said.......!

BTW.....just as the old saying ....."pick your watch...then pick your dealer"......I now pick my customers based on their attitude expressed on the board........!

Well Andrew just went rapidly down in my estimation. The whole post struck me as a cynical sales ploy, I guess the flaw filled new PO chronos aren't selling that well.

Just look at it from the buyers perspective for a second, who wants to buy a replica which is going to be out dated in a matter of months? No one that's who, this applies to everything, not just replica watches. I think your just going to have to wake up and smell the coffee on that one.

If the makers don't like it well I guess there going to have to do the job properly first time round ain't they. But I think they realise they make more money by producing progressively better [censored]. And ultimately the customer pays the price for this!

The whole risk/customs sob story doesn't wash either imo, the risk and custom costs (loses) are incorporated in to the cost of watches, it's that simple isn't it, same as any business. And if it really is as risky as you make out then why expose your self even more by sticking up a website advertising the fact your selling replicas? Huh? More money perchance?

I don't think for one minute any dealer does it for the love of selling reps, simple fact is, the money obviously does cover the risk, otherwise you guys wouldn't do it.

I'm thankful of the dealers, but seriously stop moaning if it's not worth it, don't do it, and if you want peoples money you going to have to play the game....and at least try and sound a bit more thankful for the business that does come your way.

You've never been UP in my estimation.....and it now looks as tho' you won't be in Andrew's case.......!

The money used to cover the risk.....but the truth is when you get flooded by dealers ALL desperate for sales.....a price war breaks out.....ETA movt's for $100+ nowadays.....with an expectation of repair / replace / refund....whatever the problem may be......that's lunacy on the part of the dealer.....and you're benefitting from it......but it won't last.....!

Edited by TTK

Bigsy...

This is definitely no sales ploy. I wouldnt even post at all to need to make extra sales. To be honest, these days, I have been busy with switching to designing my own watches and thinking of manufacturing them and then selling them. If I write all those to get sales, I think you are definitely getting the wrong side of the picture.

I do not want to say anymore.. I am just enjoying my weekend with my kids who deserve my time this weekend. Thanks!

Andrew

Andrew, enjoy your weekend with your kids, I have my little baby daughter here with me now who says hi!!

Speak soon, and don't let the boo boys bring you down, you're a good man.

Diego

BTW.....just as the old saying ....."pick your watch...then pick your dealer"......I now pick my customers based on their attitude expressed on the board........!

You've never been UP in my estimation.....and it now looks as tho' you won't be in Andrew's case.......!

The money used to cover the risk.....but the truth is when you get flooded by dealers ALL desperate for sales.....a price war breaks out.....ETA movt's for $100+ nowadays.....with an expectation of repair / replace / refund....whatever the problem may be......that's lunacy on the part of the dealer.....and you're benefitting from it......but it won't last.....!

Well I won't argue the lunacy point, that's a given as proved yourself, but I find the rest difficult to take seriously being as it's seemingly typed out by a demented woodpecker.

Seriously, what's wrong with you?

Edited by Bigsy

Well Andrew just went rapidly down in my estimation. The whole post struck me as a cynical sales ploy, I guess the flaw filled new PO chronos aren't selling that well.

Just look at it from the buyers perspective for a second, who wants to buy a replica which is going to be out dated in a matter of months? No one that's who, this applies to everything, not just replica watches. I think your just going to have to wake up and smell the coffee on that one.

The whole risk/customs sob story doesn't wash either . . .

I'm sorry that you see it that way. I don't knoiw Andrew, and I never bought a thing from him, but I know the Gospel truth when I see it.

I think you are missing the point of this post - there is no reason to suggest that we see this from the buyer's perspective - we are buyers, how else would we percieve it but for the effort of a dealer to share with us theirs.

As for the assertion that the Customs story doesn't wash, I find that incredible. The best dealers do replace watches that are seized, and that number is a variable they can neither predict, nor control. Enforcement efforts are on the rise, and I suspect they will continue to rise, so let's not pass off an effort to be frank about a problem as a sob story.

Bill

Seriously, what's wrong with you?

The fact that I have to listen to demented arseholes like you....!

but I find the rest difficult to take seriously

Well, you have something in common with the rest of the board.....'cos we find it easy not to take you seriously at all......13 posts.....and you expect members to take you seriously.......thanks for the laff.....!

Edited by TTK

How many versions of fiddy can we afford?

Sadly I can only afford one, if that. I've blown the contents of a deposit on a house on these watches.... and I don't own a house ...me the idiot. :(:black_eye::wounded1:

I can understand the dealer's perspective but ultimately, it is the consumer that has the power. I am at a point where I have enough watches that I don't need to run out and be the first to get the latest rep that comes out. In fact I bought my last 3 reps used. I can understand that being a dealer is hard with a potential for staggering monetary(and other) losses. I certainly appreciate that we have reliable dealers that don't rip us off like those places that advertize Grade 1 Swiss replicas. But, the dealers are in the business they are in because the rewards of that business at the end of the day(or month, or year) are greater than the risks.

Well, you have something in common with the rest of the board.....'cos we find it easy not to take you seriously at all......13 posts.....and you expect members to take you seriously.......thanks for the laff.....!

Thankfully most people understand that post count doth not maketh the man.

If we went by your theory, with all those watch sales people might consider you to be a trustworthy and efficient watch dealer.... Thank christ most aren't that deluded.

And if your going to try and put me down, put some effort in at least and give the old full stop key a break, eh? You'll look less stupid for it.

If we went by your theory, with all those watch sales people might consider you to be a trustworthy and efficient watch dealer.... Thank christ most aren't that deluded.

And if your going to try and put me down, put some effort in at least and give the old full stop key a break, eh? You'll look less stupid for it.

make friends easily do you? with you i don't think it would matter if you had a million posts.

make friends easily do you? with you i don't think it would matter if you had a million posts.

Ouch, that cuts deep man, so deep, i'll be crying myself to sleep tonight. I hope your happy now?

/Why O' Why can't I be more like 'Mr. Popularity' aka TTK?...... :(

Niel,

Well said and I support you 100%

LOL !!!!!! :Jumpy:

Ouch, that cuts deep man, so deep, i'll be crying myself to sleep tonight. I hope your happy now?

/Why O' Why can't I be more like 'Mr. Popularity' aka TTK?...... :(

i've never bought from ttk, however he is a member of these boards, and has his rough edges but does sound like some one i could share a coupl of cold ones with. you however are a different story! :D if you don't like this place, the dealers, the members remember you can always chose not to stay.

and yes, i am very happy. i have a beautiful wife, a beautiful daughter and a beautiful home! I wish you half of what I have.

:gro :victory:

QUOTE(Bigsy @ Jul 16 2006, 07:50 PM)

/Why O' Why can't I be more like 'Mr. Popularity' aka TTK?......

If you don't like this place, the dealers, the members remember you can always chose not to stay.

Ditto.

Great post Andrew.

We are buyers. They are dealers. Do they take risks yes. Do we take risks, yes…but only when we buy from dealers that don’t have a good reputation.

My opinion and from my experience, is that we can buy from whomever we want to. Any site on the internet, go across the border for those of us that live in a city that is close to the Mexico border. Needless to say you get what you pay for if you pay $40.00 for a REP.

IMHO, we get the luxury, yes luxury, of having a great source of dealers that have great reputations as far as communication, speed of transaction and a quality product. I think people may take this for granted at times. This is a site for REP’s and there is no way on earth that ANYONE can expect to get a perfect REP. That’s why it’s a REP. Can the quality change as generations move forward….sure. Do we have choices on if we buy REPS or not…sure we do. If one doesn’t like the dealer don’t buy the rep. If one doesn’t like the REP…….DONT BUY ONE AT ALL. It’s as simple as that.

My best friend LIVES in Shenzhen. The epicenter of anything and everything that can be “REP” and there is nothing but truth to the claims from Andy regarding the challenges that are occurring with the authorities and bribery. The risks and penalties that makers dealers take in China are far more stiffer than the ones that we may face in some of our countries.

Do I still choose to buy from my reputable dealers even though my friend lives in Shenzhen and have them sent here. Ya damn right I do. WHY ??? Because I am confident that the product, the communication will be impeccable.

I am not against objective views of REP’s, that’s what makes these kinds of forums so good.

Do we all have choices of who and what we buy…..yep.

Will there always be people out there to criticize and condemn and do they live in a world that exists within their mind and the town they live in, yup yup.

If you are a buyer and don’t like the game……..dont play.

Great post Andrew.

We are buyers. They are dealers. Do they take risks yes. Do we take risks, yes…but only when we buy from dealers that don’t have a good reputation.

My opinion and from my experience, is that we can buy from whomever we want to. Any site on the internet, go across the border for those of us that live in a city that is close to the Mexico border. Needless to say you get what you pay for if you pay $40.00 for a REP.

IMHO, we get the luxury, yes luxury, of having a great source of dealers that have great reputations as far as communication, speed of transaction and a quality product. I think people may take this for granted at times. This is a site for REP’s and there is no way on earth that ANYONE can expect to get a perfect REP. That’s why it’s a REP. Can the quality change as generations move forward….sure. Do we have choices on if we buy REPS or not…sure we do. If one doesn’t like the dealer don’t buy the rep. If one doesn’t like the REP…….DONT BUY ONE AT ALL. It’s as simple as that.

My best friend LIVES in Shenzhen. The epicenter of anything and everything that can be “REP” and there is nothing but truth to the claims from Andy regarding the challenges that are occurring with the authorities and bribery. The risks and penalties that makers dealers take in China are far more stiffer than the ones that we may face in some of our countries.

Do I still choose to buy from my reputable dealers even though my friend lives in Shenzhen and have them sent here. Ya damn right I do. WHY ??? Because I am confident that the product, the communication will be impeccable.

I am not against objective views of REP’s, that’s what makes these kinds of forums so good.

Do we all have choices of who and what we buy…..yep.

Will there always be people out there to criticize and condemn and do they live in a world that exists within their mind and the town they live in, yup yup.

If you are a buyer and don’t like the game……..dont play.

Hear hear !

You're totally right...

The dealers on this forum make it possible for me to enjoy my hobby: to wear & enjoy everyday a watch i can't effort to buy as a genuine.

I'm very happy to discover this forum and good guys like Andrew, Mike, Reg, Neil, Eddie, Joshua a.o.

It is not all about economics, it's also a gutt feeling.......and it's feeling good here, so let's keep it that way

Gerco

cheers convbmw, I agree.

To be honest if we start calling them products and not reps you start to think slightly differently. Any product whether it be a computer, digital camera, trainers (sneaker for our US brother and sisters!), tv, furniture, home appliances etc etc etc they all get updated continuously.

By Bigsy's rationale we should neve buy anything because the mobile phone manufacturers haven't told us there's a new one coming out in a months time. Really, you wouldn't own anything if you took that attitude.

I buy things because I like them and need them. My digital camera bought 1 year ago is now outdated. There are far more sophisticated models out there and guess what? They're all cheaper!!!! Am I going to write and complain to Nikon, Fuji - like [censored] I am!!! Like they'd listen!!! I bought my camera and I'm happy with it to this day. Exactly the same applies to some of the watches I have where better versions came out soon after I purchased them. That's life, and certainly not something to complain about to our dealers.

Diego

Most people understand stupidity......and you can see by their responses to you.....that in your case...stupidity reigns....!

I am a trustworthy dealer.....efficiency is purely subjective....and the only deluded one here is you....you've deluded yourself into thinking that YOUR opinion is of any import.....that's classic delusion....!

Put you down.....I wouldn't expend the energy....there's no challenge in you.......besides which YOU'RE doing a much better job of that than I ever could...... :victory:

Edited by TTK

cheers convbmw, I agree.

To be honest if we start calling them products and not reps you start to think slightly differently. Any product whether it be a computer, digital camera, trainers (sneaker for our US brother and sisters!), tv, furniture, home appliances etc etc etc they all get updated continuously.

By Bigsy's rationale we should neve buy anything because the mobile phone manufacturers haven't told us there's a new one coming out in a months time. Really, you wouldn't own anything if you took that attitude.

I buy things because I like them and need them. My digital camera bought 1 year ago is now outdated. There are far more sophisticated models out there and guess what? They're all cheaper!!!! Am I going to write and complain to Nikon, Fuji - like [censored] I am!!! Like they'd listen!!! I bought my camera and I'm happy with it to this day. Exactly the same applies to some of the watches I have where better versions came out soon after I purchased them. That's life, and certainly not something to complain about to our dealers.

Diego

Don't forget buying a car:

the moment you put the first kilometer on it, driving away from the garage: its depriciating 5000 € in a second.......then two days later you'l see an advert with a special deal , worth 3500 €.. :bangin::bounce: ..so 8500 € in three days.......thank god for valum, librium & prozac :animal_rooster: