When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Congrats World Champion Phillies!

stilty

According to the rules they are. 5 innings in the book, is considered a complete game.

Now I'm not really cheering for either team. I was expecting more from the Rays, but they forgot their bats at home... or is just the Phillie pitching that good?

Anyway, why suspend the game after they tie? Why not suspend it when it is looking like a Canadian blizzard outside? Were the hoping someone would get injured? Maybe a a career ending injury?

If the Rays do comeback from the 3-1 deficit, if I'm in the Phillies organization, I'd be raising some serious questions. Do they think it makes for better TV? Who is watching this anyway? A secondary market that no one really cares about anyway? They can't even sell out at home. Does it make for better TV? No, it just makes me wonder how out of touch the heads of MLB are.

just my morning rant.

According to the rules they are. 5 innings in the book, is considered a complete game.

Now I'm not really cheering for either team. I was expecting more from the Rays, but they forgot their bats at home... or is just the Phillie pitching that good?

Anyway, why suspend the game after they tie? Why not suspend it when it is looking like a Canadian blizzard outside? Were the hoping someone would get injured? Maybe a a career ending injury?

If the Rays do comeback from the 3-1 deficit, if I'm in the Phillies organization, I'd be raising some serious questions. Do they think it makes for better TV? Who is watching this anyway? A secondary market that no one really cares about anyway? They can't even sell out at home. Does it make for better TV? No, it just makes me wonder how out of touch the heads of MLB are.

just my morning rant.

Some can look at this as giving the Ray's a huge edge .. suspending the game after they score ... and this being the World Series.. you cannot think that they would let it end like this.. which in fact they decided not to.. or more on point .. Bud Slieg decided not to..

they should of suspended it after the 5th .. giving each team a equal start under the same conditions heading into the 6th...

Let's face it it's all about the Money.. of course the Powers that be .. would love to see this go as long as possible for the revenue .. after all baseball has fallen in attendance and fan appreciation..

I really wonder if the Yankees will be able to get the prices they are asking in their new digs .. of course corporate america will dish out the millions for their posh luxury suites.. but what about Joe Blow with his kids that live to see the game.. will baseball fall to the corporate God's so that only the wealthy can afford a "baseball game" ?? ... sorry .. forgot it already is part of coporate America..

Next we will have the New world order ... the North American Union ... will join the European Union .. and everything from sports to the Military will be controlled ... but that is a political topic and nothing in sports is political... right ? :rolleyes:

Isn't it suspended tied up?

The head of the MLB quoted the rulebook... not sure really what's happening.

And you don't want to win by some little-used rule rather than on the field and being better.

If it stands like that, we know Florida is a state well known for winning things via the courts...