When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Takes Naples Watch To Court

repfreak

This thread originates from Perpetual from RG, just post here to see RWG bros can comment abt it..

Panerai Takes Naples Watch To Court

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/cou...ase_id-219448/

I made some info search and found that Panerai has patented the design for its movement. Not very sure about the crown and crown guards.. As far as I know, the design patents can only last for 25 years... Of cos, reps (contain Pam logo) are illegal since they use pam name without permission.. (Trademark Infringement)..

Just wondering if homage watches like MM watches or sterile Pam watches are legal by law.. Please dont argue that they look the same or using the loophole of the law and are just as illegal... The discussion is based on law. Wondering if there are any lawyers or someone who have info on this, please enlighten me...

RF

Edited by repfreak

It is more then obvious that they copied Panerai watches 1:1 minus the Panerai branding. Look at Napels Watches Marina Militare for example.

Panerai won a similar case against watch maker RXW, that also produced a Marina Militare watch similar to the PAM 127 (1950). I think Napels watches where pushing there luck selling tons Panerai copy watches and parts on eBay, particularly being located in Europe.