When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1655 sourcing .. off to Canada now

lanikai

Haha! i like that, thanks!

The MBW 1655 dial i recieved off of Chris is smaller than the gen by around 0.5mm and will only fit a 5513 case. I guess you have the older version which TMG

used on his 1655 which is larger than the gen and will fit a rep case.

Good luck with the project looking forward to seeing it done.

P.

Nope .. smaller dial like the genuine.......................... B)

Only just seen this thread myself.

All looking fantastic and obviously in safe and skilled hands. I know exactly what you mean about the thrill of the research and then the hunt for parts, I am at the waiting stage at the moment with my Daytona. This will be a great watch and something to be proud of. I can't wait to see the finished (is any rep ever finished? ^_^ ) article. Great work so far.

Lani... wow, what a project you have going there! I can't believe I missed this thread, as being such a 1655 fan myself.

Good luck to you my friend and I will echo the previous posts, in that I cannot wait to see the finished results! :thumbs:

Cheers now!

diesel power Posted Today, 02:01 PM

Only just seen this thread myself.

All looking fantastic and obviously in safe and skilled hands. I know exactly what you mean about the thrill of the research and then the hunt for parts, I am at the waiting stage at the moment with my Daytona. This will be a great watch and something to be proud of. I can't wait to see the finished (is any rep ever finished? ) article. Great work so far.

Thank you Sly and DP !!

Yes I am really appreciating the "research" end of the project.. as so many things surface relating to not only the tech end but the different stories regarding the origin and initial use of the 1655 .. it is all good for "healthy" discussion.. but as everyone.. the anticipation is where it is exciting after the reward of the "Hunt" itself.. but without members such as TMG.. and UBI (for other upcoming projects) .. being pointed in the right direction is essential ..

then of course the post project .. (like the end of football season).. you can't wait until the next one.. :rolleyes: .. but I won't "future f_ _ k this one as it is to savoir..

That is the art of the "research" side... now it is in the hands of the real "Artist"... Ziggy's work is really "God Given".. like an athlete.. who has moves that cannot be "learned" .. but are gifted from another dimension or sphere.. I just hope I got things right on my ends... B)