When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skw.net

Birdman

They are a company with Cuban roots. They were a very high-end jeweler in the pre-Castro days. They seem to have a good reputation since the name was brought back from the dead recently.

They are advertising heavily in all of the watch magazines and other high end mags like the Robb Report. I think it's a nice looking watch, classic deco style. They are incorporating the cigar mistique into their advertising. Some (maybe all) come packaged in a mini humidor that you can use for your cigars. The whole thing is geared toward the Cuban heyday motif. I really like what I've seen of them.

Guest chronomat123

Skw.net, wow. Haven't heard of them in a while.

Back in high school, right before I went off to college, when I made my first $1000 and wanted a nice watch, I ordered myself a brand new Omega Seamaster Pro from them-- must've been 6 years ago. At the time, everyone on a particular Omega forum was singing their praises for their amazing pricies. Get this, I paid $740 for a brand new Bond Seamaster (quartz tho). That's actually the watch that started this sick habit.

They also got me a Raymond Weil 2 years back that I had ordered for mothers day at 40% off list, brand new.

They suck with e-mails and tracking notification, but you always get your watch 1-2 weeks after payment is processed.

Bottom line, if you're patient, I recommend them.

Anyone have or heard anything about this company. I am looking at this watch that I saw in the Tourneau store this weekend. Tourneau wanted $3300. These guys want $2040. Big difference. Watch comes in a beautiful wood Humidor box.

post-1004-1153150168_thumb.jpg

Most grey market sites will probably give you a similar deal on that watch. I was shopping what I recall was an Esplanade Cuervo y Sobrinos some time ago... and even the Horologie store in the Venetian hotel pulled 20% off list without my asking.

I advise checking with Silvermagic, SVS-Intertrade and the other usual suspects to compare if you haven't already...