When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Here we go again!

bvc

Ok guys. Just glad I had already decided not to give a sh*t before it arrived. Just got my white dial 6.75 back from josh. Repaired not replaced. (but thats another story) 3 and 6 subdials fixed but now the date wheel is off! I will try and get a decent pic up but its difficult. will try and explain for time being. the left numeral is sitting high and slanting slightly left. the right numeral is sitting low and also slanting left. The 2 as a whole look a b*tch. screams fake. Just cant believe it. anyone that got a dud on their first purchase and had to send it back will know what ive been through this last 2 months.

So I could have cut my losses and sold this watch here and bought shultz's cherub but have decided to post about the fault instead. I doubt after this post anyone will want it. I hope this fact will stop any comments telling me this is all part of the rep game and that i should have more patience and instead show i am a good guy that just wanted a decent rep breit. so is it possible to fix it? i.e rep friendly watchsmith? dont think i can go through the agony of sending it back to josh. I havnt told josh and i am not slating him. just cant be bothered anymore.

not sure how the datewheel will come out on the pics. but surely they should be straight/ level/ centered?

please dont tell me "i am being fussy" or "its a fake get over it" I would love to log on in a hour and see that its a 10 quid job from a watchsmith, but i fear my only option will be to tell josh and send it back to china after first convincing him i am not a ars*hole and the wheel is genuinely off.

bvc.

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo341/b...cs/675021-1.jpg

Ok. I cant believe the pic dosent look that bad. please believe me it is really noticable in real life. honest guys i am not being a d*ck. actually the 9 subdial looks off and I can live with that. the date looks worse than the subdial it just isnt coming across in the photo. both numbers really slant to the left. Someone please tell me a watchsmith can fix it.

bvc

my blackbird has the same problem.....not as bad, but its there

i choose to ignore it generally, and on the days where the number bugs me, i just wear a different watch. When you understand what reps are about, its not worth losing sleep over

;o)

i choose to ignore it generally, and on the days where the number bugs me, i just wear a different watch. When you understand what reps are about, its not worth losing sleep over

;o)

Ok then. I got a nice bentley 6.75 for sale. you wanna make me an offer? ;)

bearing in mind i am just a noob. can anyone explain in laymans terms what the problem is? does the datewheel just need a nudge or does it need to be removed and replaced, or something else? No way I can do it myself but I am interested as to how this has happened.

thanks for your help guys, I know there are bigger fish to fry so I really appreciate your comments.

BVC.

My watchsmith has been able to fix date vertical misaligment on a couple of my watches that I messed up by playing with datewheel mods.

I am no expert so I cannot tell you how, but it had something to do with the datewheel teeth and the mechanisms engaging them.

On the other hand, I am unsure about the horizontal misaligment. But if it was not there before the "repairment", I suppose it can be fixed as well.

Sorry for not being able to be more specific.

Hi,

Ok.. Got the pic..

after you have quick set it.. can you wingle it a little to line it ?

Also when you quick set the date.. move the hands to 4.30pm..This is important for the date flippers..to work without any interferance.

Let me know further.

Joshua

Ok this is josh's reply. can anyone help me out. I dont want to mess is up even more. I dont think the quick set works, a problem on some other 6.75's i have seen from other threads. you unscrew the crown and you can wind the watch. pull out for one click and turn (I assume quick date setting) and you can spin the crown freely, nothing happens. pull out for second click and you can set the time. (this is how is set the date) I can live the quick date not working but cant get the numbers to line up.

With crown fully extended it is very loose!! is this right guys? almost like it could fall out.

thanks bvc.

ok then found a rep friendy watchsmith. not a modder and cant get parts, but he said he can service and adjust reps. he took a look at the datewheel. he says the datewheel is perfectly alligned but the numbers are printed a little off on the wheel. hence the slant, he also said though that if you look closely the numbers are different sizes and create an added optical illusion on some of the date settings. he set it to 11th and you can see the left numeral is shorter and thicker and the right numeral is longer and thicker!!

anyone got any thoughts/ experiences of this? I am hoping josh can send me a new datewheel and i can have it fitted. anyone think this is do-able? or is the datewheel part of the movement? i.e whole movement replace?

cheers bvc

ok guys. josh is sending new datewheels so assuming my guy can fit them i am once again back in love.

thanks for the advice and especially for not telling me i was being too fussy or that its all part of the excitement.

bvc.

Edited by bvc

ok guys. josh is sending new datewheels so assuming my guy can fit them i am once again back in love.

thanks for the advice and especially for not telling me i was being too fussy or that its all part of the excitement.

bvc.

Good news! Make sure you post some pics once it's done, I love the Bentley :)

bvc.

Good to hear Josh is taking care of you. He is the best in my books for this. You are NOT too picky, the prices are high enough that we shouldnt be having to put up with this!

Please do post up some pics when you get it sorted.

Sorry to interupt, but where was the friendly watchsmith in the UK?

-

sorry bibbs, I thought i found a good watchsmith, he's just decided he cant help anymore, (he was pretty shocked by the "fake" i asked him to look at.) Even though i would still rather spend a month looking for a rep friendly "smith" than send it back to josh. let me know if you find someone buddy. B) i am still looking.

and by the way. doddsy has a big reputation around these parts for blowing his load early in the game. :p Lightweight.

bvc.

No worries, I have a mate of a mate (who was on here a few years back) who can do it.

But I'm going to have a wander round a few local watchsmiths on Saturday. (I'm in the Reading area).

I'm waiting for my 2nd watch, hopefully today, so I'd like to get both 7750 movements cleaned and oiled.

Its OK I know him, he can take a lot of stick. So give him plenty !!!

Going over to your issue about luminosity, I have a rep tag and a genuine one and there is a big difference, with the correct luminosity it glows when you come in from outside to a dimly lit room, you don't have to wait until its completely dark.

my blackbird has the same problem.....not as bad, but its there

;o)

have a superocean with the wings not straight off josh but didnt bother me till a chinese colleague of mine spotted it straight away, still it was one of cheaper versions so i got what i paid for