When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2893 into a explorer II

iflylow78

will a 2893 be an easy swap into any of the asian explorer II's

think i have procured an eta 2893 and would like to build an explorer II styled watch though I plan to have a sterile dial and likely replace the crown with an unbranded one.

do not want to drop a lot of coin on an "eta" version since I plan to pull the movement

You might want to check River- he had an ExplorerII with black dial w/ the 2893-2. Doing it yourself is not something I would recommend. Crown position will be different from the CN movement- you might be able to make it work w/ a spacer ring from Stilty- he's here on the forum. But it's a lot of work and if you have to ask, well, it's probably something you're not ready for. Why frustrate yourself and waste money? You'll end up with a bunch of parts and no watch.

For around maybe $250+ you can buy a decent non branded ExplorerII w/ an eta (2836-2 modified)- is it Homer out of UK that sells them? They're a good deal also, if you want a knock-off.