When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW DRSD

stac

Hey Gents,

I'm thinking of swaping out my Double-Red SD dial for a vintage "white" version" I've been watching white vintage SD dials go on eBay and I just can't justify spending that kind of money :unsure:

Paul is the only dealer I could find that offers the vintage white version...Has anyone here seen this version and if so what do ya think of the dial? I've always had quick service from Paul but his QC is probably the worst...

Cheers!

I have Paul's DRSD and his White SD is similar in that the markers are too yellow for my taste probably. But you could get it relumed and it might be a kick-a$$ dial. These dials are smaller than typical rep dials- in the 27mm range so it would probably fit the MBW case. And it would have ETA dial feet.

Even though the clasp is questionable on the bracelet (Freddy thought fantasy, I just don't know), the hollow mid links and 93150 markings with rep 580 end pieces make it worth $75-100 alone IMO. I put a good clasp on mine and 593 end pieces and wear it on my 16800.

This watch probably has the working HE valve- mine does- and it's a great copy of the gen. Alas, you can't fit a T-39 or gen insert- I tried.

If Paul will sell you just the dial, it's a great deal, especially if you get a relume.

Hey Alligoat,

I tried emailing Paul (or however Paul is now) and asked about possibly just buying the dial from him but have not gotten a responce. I figure I'll spring for the watch and have some parts (and a movement) for my parts collection. I'm not worried about the lume because that's something I can fix myself. ;)

Yep, in the past, a few years ago, I got Paul to send me a dial, but I bought a watch at the same time. I think the watch is a good buy for the parts alone, almost. It would be a really good deal if the movement was an true eta, but you know how that goes these days.

Hey Gents,

I'm thinking of swaping out my Double-Red SD dial for a vintage "white" version" I've been watching white vintage SD dials go on eBay and I just can't justify spending that kind of money :unsure:

Paul is the only dealer I could find that offers the vintage white version...Has anyone here seen this version and if so what do ya think of the dial? I've always had quick service from Paul but his QC is probably the worst...

Cheers!

Stac,

Have you tried Eurotimez (Chris), he can usually get MBW/MBK dials separately. A relumed white print 1665 is probably the best looking and most cost effective way to go.

Good luck!

Stac,

Have you tried Eurotimez (Chris), he can usually get MBW/MBK dials separately. A relumed white print 1665 is probably the best looking and most cost effective way to go.

Good luck!

+1 ... well said S ... since I have my MBW 1665 GW on it's way to Canada .. I agree :D

the only way I can see getting a genuine dial is if I were to go "all in" with the movement etc. .. but never say never B)