When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Some Advice...

ktulu

Hello All,

This is my first post! :)

I'm looking for good A. Lange, Pateke and Vacheron.

I've been doing a lot of research and looking at numerous sites, but the more I dig in the more confused I get!

Since these are not the most sought after watches I was wondering if you guys have had any experience with them, since most reviews are concentrated on other brands.

Feedback is greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Sebastian

Hello Sebastian,

Welcome on RWG.

I'm afraid I can't help a lot as I'm more a Rolex guy but if you type the brand you're looking for in the search box you will see those reviews.

Lange, Patek, VC have no section, they are under Other Brands.

So the search button is you're only friend.

Anyway, have fun here.

Cheers

Stephane

I know Freddy has a Patek he likes a lot. There are no good Lange reps for sure. There are a couple decent Vacheron reps, including this Malte I once had that I traded to a member in AZ recently. Here it is. It is really very, very accurate in most every way. Even the movement kind of looks like what is in the genuine watch. The subdial spacing is wider due to the movement difference and in this case it makes the watch look smaller not bigger, but without the gen side by side it is very passable. The strap is not the stock rep strap which are almost always terrible except on some of the newer sport watch reps. This strap is a glazed dress aligator from Banda...

Malte36.jpg

Malte34.jpg

Malte27.jpg

Malte14.jpg

Malte5.jpg

Hello All,

This is my first post! :)

I'm looking for good A. Lange, Pateke and Vacheron.

I've been doing a lot of research and looking at numerous sites, but the more I dig in the more confused I get!

Since these are not the most sought after watches I was wondering if you guys have had any experience with them, since most reviews are concentrated on other brands.

Feedback is greatly appreciated,

Cheers,

Sebastian

I know Freddy has a Patek he likes a lot. There are no good Lange reps for sure. There are a couple decent Vacheron reps, including this Malte I once had that I traded to a member in AZ recently. Here it is. It is really very, very accurate in most every way. Even the movement kind of looks like what is in the genuine watch. The subdial spacing is wider due to the movement difference and in this case it makes the watch look smaller not bigger, but without the gen side by side it is very passable. The strap is not the stock rep strap which are almost always terrible except on some of the newer sport watch reps. This strap is a glazed dress aligator from Banda...

Thanks Robbie, that looks like a magnificent watch, great pics too.

IT's too bad there are no good Lange reps as that would have been my first choice.

Off to find a good VC seller!!

Thanks Robbie, that looks like a magnificent watch, great pics too.

IT's too bad there are no good Lange reps as that would have been my first choice.

Off to find a good VC seller!!

The Lange's are all fusion fantasies mixing bits of one with the other. However...that does not mean they aren't beautiful watches. How many people really know Lange watches and are hanging around Lange owner circles? If you're in the circle, odds are good you have the gen. Otherwise...you can get a nice fantasy/fusion watch for cheap as the Lange's are all in the $125 range.

Again, the MBK Nautilus is good...and people seem to like the Aquanaut as well.

The Lange's are all fusion fantasies mixing bits of one with the other. However...that does not mean they aren't beautiful watches. How many people really know Lange watches and are hanging around Lange owner circles? If you're in the circle, odds are good you have the gen. Otherwise...you can get a nice fantasy/fusion watch for cheap as the Lange's are all in the $125 range.

Again, the MBK Nautilus is good...and people seem to like the Aquanaut as well.

Well I'm definitely not in such circle!

I've always liked Langes a lot because they are classic and not flashy. In fact most people will not recognize what the brand in the first place. Only somebody with interest in watches would recognize. At least in North America, i hope it's different other places.

I realize that most of the Lange reps out there are fusion or fantasy watches. But I must say... Terrific job in their design.

Check out Trusty's website, he is one the board here and has a big selection of all 3 of these makes of watches. Andrew is quite helpful and if you ask him which models are best, he will give you good feedback. Good luck, all 3 of those companies make stellar watches, and some of the reps are outstanding.