When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Nokia 8800 Sapphire Arte rep

Guest Sql_pl

Slay those phones were suppose to come from Taiwan which is where the iPhones were being made and were supposedly back door items.

I took the chance (and the hit) on them myself I didn't sell them to anyone.

The golf equipment you bought was well after I stated publicly that I would not sell them because of misgivings I had with the dealer, there are many members that remember this and I can also pull up the thread to show this if need be.

Ken

1. iPhones are not made in Taiwan, they are made in China. Regardless where they are made, it is a LIE that someone is able to sneak out items out of one of the safest and best guarded production facilities. Apple has extremely strict pilicies, way stricter than anyone else. This is impossible, and this is the kind of lying by chinese crooks that I was talking about and people like you, me and a bunch of others fell for.

2. you were mainly quiting the golf thing, because I [censored] in your thread (lookin back at it, it was a good thing for YOU, otherwise you would have probably sold many of them to members here, IIRC many were interested). but you probably know it better, frankly I dont care, believe what you want, say what you want.

But you simply dont get it, you think this is a pissing contest and try to defend yourself in every possible way, look Kenberg, it is NOT I'm simply trying to tell people that there is no such thing as "sneaked out items" and that they simply SHOULD NOT FALL FOR THIS LIE, including you (next time, when someone tells you this kind of bullcrap).

It is the same as italian made rolexes with triple AAAA+ 65jewel movements, its a LIE and SCAM

Edited by slay

No slay I don't think it's a pissing contest but I do take umbrage to the suggestion that I take chances with members money, I do not, what I do is a lot of ground work and then if still not sure I take a chance (and any hit) before selling to the members.

I have been burnt twice like this but I prefer to get my fingers burnt than to try and explain to a customer why his money went up in smoke and again you are wrong about the golf equipment, I announced that I would not be offering them for sale because I had grave doubts the supplier would back his product.

Ken

@everyone

The phones that I might be offering here are THE BEST POSSIBLE quality now, made in Taiwan, not China.

They come from the same person that got our Vertus so at least 20 members can vouch for quality speedy delivery etc.

And these reps do have gen 8800 arte features like tap to see the clock and turn the phone to mute the call.

I am 100% sure what we see in pics is what we would get.

And it is even better than what Sead is offering at repgeek because "my" Artes have european keyboard without all chinese symbols all over there.

And one more thing guys, some posts above may look like I am being accused of lies and scamming people with AAA+++ phones that do not exist.

I hope you understand it is not an issue here.

Update:

I got some more details so I share them here.

These phones are triband they work with 800/900/1800 frequency.

They are made of stainless steel and leather.

This is the most recent and best version available on rep market now.

These are made in Taiwan, not China.

They do have two features that are must-haves for Arte phones - shake/tap to see the clock on the screen and turn the phone to mute the incoming call.

This is also the first model to have 1 GB memory built in without need of adding additional memory cards, some cheaper versions had a memory card slot with 1 GB card hidden under Nokia sticker under the battery.

I can get them as of now and the price is $330.00 shipped and paypalled. Quite a fair deal I suppose.

My dealer can also source other versions of Arte like regular black arte or carbon arte but they do not come from this same factory and are of lesser quality - that's why I decided to offer only this one model here. Like with the vertus - let's just stick to best of the best and save each other nerves and time :)

If you are interested in purchase, please PM me.

Thanks!

What MP is the camera?

Not everything will be upto the standards of the genuine (see the Vertu reps) such as camera megapixel count, operating system, different materials used to genuine etc. They'll be close, especially superficially, but don't expect *all* of the functionality of the genuine (not that the genuine had *that* many features compared to Nokia N82/96, Blackberries, HTCs, Samsung Omnia, LG Viewty, and yes even the iPhone).

I would also recommend purchasing a genuine battery as the chinese-made ones have been known to blow up... genuine batteries are not too expensive luckily :)

Good luck on your purchase and hope to see some reviews :tu:

@everyone

The phones that I might be offering here are THE BEST POSSIBLE quality now, made in Taiwan, not China.

They come from the same person that got our Vertus so at least 20 members can vouch for quality speedy delivery etc.

And these reps do have gen 8800 arte features like tap to see the clock and turn the phone to mute the call.

I am 100% sure what we see in pics is what we would get.

And it is even better than what Sead is offering at repgeek because "my" Artes have european keyboard without all chinese symbols all over there.

And one more thing guys, some posts above may look like I am being accused of lies and scamming people with AAA+++ phones that do not exist.

I hope you understand it is not an issue here.

Noone sais you are a scammer. And I dont even doubt that the Vertu or the 8800 phones are the best on the market. I think the Vertu LOOKED superb. Unfortunately no real titanium. But the attention to detail was outstanding

HOWEVER, please do not fall for the Taiwan lie. I would (almost) bet my penis that they are made in china and not in taiwan. Even computer processors are now made in china. It makes no sense to produce those phones in Taiwan. Only more risk, more expensive, not necessarily much better.

I'm pretty sure if that your seller has the best 8800 copy that is available on the market (if its the one that also sold the vertu phones), but they are not going to be 100% perfect and probably also not from taiwan. Be cautious when you deal with chinese people, they will tell you everything to get you to buy their product! Observe and make unbiased rational judgements! Always ask yourself "Does it make sense?"

Does it make sense that retired Hermes workers work as consultants for fake factories? Does it make sense that genuine iPhones or golf clubs get sneaked out of the original factory? Does it make sense if some stranger lures a kid into his car with promises of funny stories and candy?

are non scared of the output this phones gives?health is the most important you have in life.

That's why I can't see myself buying a phone rep.. but it seems there are enough who aren't worried about this issue.

are non scared of the output this phones gives?health is the most important you have in life.

Well as someone who's seen far too many idiopathic tumours of the head and neck in my time, I'd say it's something everyone should be seriously concerned about.

It's the same issue with using a mobile inside a vehicle, the Faraday cage effect - it may or may not be harmful but we simply do not have access to any real long-term data. And that's with genuine phones, manufactured to the highest standard of safety compliance currently in place. Why add further risk by buying a cheap rep version?

The other concern of course, surrounding rep electronics in general, even with swapping out for genuine battery or not, is the fire risk. Would you leave it plugged in and charging in your home overnight, or whilst you're out for a few hours? Not me gents.

I'm sorry Maciek, I feel uncomfortable 'thread crapping' your sale/interest gauging like this, but I guess people are either concerned or they're not, and I'm sure you'll have plenty of takers. I'm just urging caution that's all.

BTW, I recall you and I (and your GF right?) all share the love for our (genuine) Nokia 8800s - I haven't yet upgraded to the Arte (or Carbon) due to the obscene price (the Carbon Arte is over 1k GBP! - half that on an upgrade) and the fact my 'old' faithful 8800 is still the classic IMO, and still does its job to perfection.

Well as someone who's seen far too many idiopathic tumours of the head and neck in my time, I'd say it's something everyone should be seriously concerned about.

It's the same issue with using a mobile inside a vehicle, the Faraday cage effect - it may or may not be harmful but we simply do not have access to any real long-term data. And that's with genuine phones, manufactured to the highest standard of safety compliance currently in place. Why add further risk by buying a cheap rep version?

The other concern of course, surrounding rep electronics in general, even with swapping out for genuine battery or not, is the fire risk. Would you leave it plugged in and charging in your home overnight, or whilst you're out for a few hours? Not me gents.

I'm sorry Maciek, I feel uncomfortable 'thread crapping' your sale/interest gauging like this, but I guess people are either concerned or they're not, and I'm sure you'll have plenty of takers. I'm just urging caution that's all.

BTW, I recall you and I (and your GF right?) all share the love for our (genuine) Nokia 8800s - I haven't yet upgraded to the Arte (or Carbon) due to the obscene price (the Carbon Arte is over 1k GBP! - half that on an upgrade) and the fact my 'old' faithful 8800 is still the classic IMO, and still does its job to perfection.

Great ot get a proper opinion on this issue... I'd never thought of the Faraday cage effect on using phones in a car... i blame mobile phone use for my failing memory ... and I'm not sure if I'm joking there! ;)

Great to see you around too :tu: