When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Carrera Chrono Racing

kaijai

My first official rep. I actually ordered a PAM 089 from Andrew but turns out he didn't have the color dial I wanted so I opted for this. Technically I overpaid for this Tag since the PAM was more but no matter I'm still pretty happy. First impressions were really good but you guys probably know that already! Only had it a day now so I sure hope this baby lasts. My first real post on this forum so I thought I'd share some pics. Enjoy.

_MG_8508.jpg

_MG_8505.jpg

_MG_8512.jpg

_MG_8517.jpg

_MG_8518.jpg

_MG_8519.jpg

_MG_8528.jpg

Good pictures!

Yes, the Carrera replica is very nice and an all-time classic. My CV2010 ( black dial) on SS is one of my daily wearers. I have had the racing version, and personally I found the rubber strap a bit odd. It stands out from the case, and does not hug the wrist properly. Still, it looks good.

An interesting thing is that all the Carrera replicas have the model number "CV2014" on the caseback, your version is therefore a bit better replica than my CV2010. :lol:

Wear it well!

Good pictures!

Yes, the Carrera replica is very nice and an all-time classic. My CV2010 ( black dial) on SS is one of my daily wearers. I have had the racing version, and personally I found the rubber strap a bit odd. It stands out from the case, and does not hug the wrist properly. Still, it looks good.

An interesting thing is that all the Carrera replicas have the model number "CV2014" on the caseback, your version is therefore a bit better replica than my CV2010. :lol:

Wear it well!

You're totally right about the rubber strap. I was unaware of that problem. I've already ordered a gen rubber strap as another member has done here. Hopefully that will solve the problem!

Nice watch! How about the luminosity of the hands?

I knew I forgot to take a pic of something! The lume is not so great though. It seems like only the minute and hour hands are lumed. The hour markers dont appear to have lume, Im not sure if the gen does but I would assume so.

Congratulations!!

The Tag Tachy Chrono was my first rep also 1 year and 8 months ago! Now I have 7 replicas, all chronos. If you like chronos, I suggested to take a look in the following watches (in order of purchase after the Tag Tachy):

2. Panerai 253 Regatta Flyback

3. Omega SMP chrono (blue dial)

4. Tag Aquaracer (black dial)

5. Beaume & Mercier Riviera XXL

6. Porsche Flat 6 (grey dial)

7. Omega Seamaster Broad Arrow (black dial)

Congratulations!!

The Tag Tachy Chrono was my first rep also 1 year and 8 months ago! Now I have 7 replicas, all chronos. If you like chronos, I suggested to take a look in the following watches (in order of purchase after the Tag Tachy):

2. Panerai 253 Regatta Flyback

3. Omega SMP chrono (blue dial)

4. Tag Aquaracer (black dial)

5. Beaume & Mercier Riviera XXL

6. Porsche Flat 6 (grey dial)

7. Omega Seamaster Broad Arrow (black dial)

Nice... how is your tag holding up now?

Nice... how is your tag holding up now?

The watch is working perfect. I have bought all my watches from Andrew. When I have had some issues, he always solved them. Now I asked him a new case for the Tachy because I didnt take care properly of it. I suggested you to take a lot of care with you watch because the case is very easy to scratch. The steel used in replicas doesnt have the same degree of quality than gens.

Nice watch! How about the luminosity of the hands?

I have the regular version of this watch (with the larger chrono rings @ 12 and 6), and I must say the lume is the largest setback on it. It's just very weak.

The rest of the features is more then satisfying though!

I knew I forgot to take a pic of something! The lume is not so great though. It seems like only the minute and hour hands are lumed. The hour markers dont appear to have lume, Im not sure if the gen does but I would assume so.

Well.. I own the blue gen one and it's lumed on the hour markes but they have to be really charged to be noticed... The lume and the lack of AR it's the 2 only things that are missing in this watch... The rep looks pretty much spot on... Just the blue screws and the date font are wrong I guess... But very nice watch!

Since the original post I ordered and installed the gen strap. I have to agree if you have this watch this is a must do. The watch is loads more comfortable to wear and the gaps are minimized. I read somewhere that the gen tag rubber straps smell like vanilla so the first thing I did when getting it was smell it, yep smells like vanilla.

purchased the gen strap from chronoswissprince off of ebay $150 shipped.

Here are some pics

_MG_8740.jpg

ALL pics gen on top, rep on bottom

_MG_8741.jpg

_MG_8742.jpg

_MG_8743.jpg

_MG_8744.jpg

_MG_8745.jpg

_MG_8747.jpg

_MG_8748.jpg