When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New V3 euromariner

cht

Ok Here it is, I feel I have waited long enough for a reply now.

This was my email to him, its easier to just post it uphere as I sent it to him.

Dear Chris

Few questions though, the Gen Certified ETA, on the bracelet it said "OK ETA V3" how do I know this is a GEN Eta that I paid for?

The reason I ask is for the following reasons that have made me a little anxious to tell the truth, i know you have been very busy and

i feel the QC was not done, or done in a hurry for several reasons. first let me assure you I am not questioning your integrity, because

you have a fantastic reputation which is why I took the plunge and used you and paid for the best I could afford ie, Gen ETA,

You also answered all my questions with regards to details and which to go for.....so here are my dilema's

First of all you advertise you check the watches over and do a quick service, and ensure its all working (screws, watertight,

allignment of bezel an glass) this is great and just what I wanted but for over

post-17285-1227801680_thumb.jpg

post-17285-1227802090_thumb.jpg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an email off him, he is trying I will give him that, not posting what he is offering

on here as it could be different for each member, depending on each watches issue.

So he is coming good!

:)

as crappy as it sounds NO MATTER what you guys will have to learn to fix things on your reps yourself. I got a crooked dial, rust stained bracelet, insert popping out, crooked crystal and unevenly pressed. ALL of which I learned to fix myself cause i wanted it done and wanted it done correctly. as for the case back my understanding as ironic as it sounds the "POLFY, SHITNERAND" was the mark of quality and an easy way to idnetify the better built MBK watch. dont fret it, no one will ever see the engraving and if they do the jigs' un anyways from the eta movement beneath it.

i had optimistic hopes with rep collecting as well when i first started, it was shattered UNTIL i fixed it myself and learned a whole new world of skill in the process

as crappy as it sounds NO MATTER what you guys will have to learn to fix things on your reps yourself. I got a crooked dial, rust stained bracelet, insert popping out, crooked crystal and unevenly pressed. ALL of which I learned to fix myself cause i wanted it done and wanted it done correctly. as for the case back my understanding as ironic as it sounds the "POLFY, SHITNERAND" was the mark of quality and an easy way to idnetify the better built MBK watch. dont fret it, no one will ever see the engraving and if they do the jigs' un anyways from the eta movement beneath it.

i had optimistic hopes with rep collecting as well when i first started, it was shattered UNTIL i fixed it myself and learned a whole new world of skill in the process

Yea thats cool, it just as you know you pay EXTRA for check to take place so that there are no "problems" with the watch.

Everything that was wrong with mine are not issues with me wanting to improve on them as they do not resemble an original watch

(like better crown, bezel or whatever) my issues are with BROKEN things, or bits falling off, fogging up.

For example it was meant to be waterproof........mine fogs up so I have my doubts.

Thats an issue for me as I paid for the Euromariner because it was........and I like to take it in the water, so now

its costing me money to get it preassure tested.

We understand what your saying about modding but this is not modding its just getting the watch into a conditon that you paid for it to be in before it was shipped.

Having paid extra to have it in that condition, then getting it in a different one and having to spend $100 to get it right (wasting money that could have been spent on mods)

If I knew this would have happened I'd have gotten it from some drop ship supplier and saved myself some money.

Chris wants me to send it back.....

I say no.

Its going to cost me more than he is offering to compensate to actually send it away, god only knows when I'll get it back, so I proposed

something else that wont cost him a penny.

Because I'm good like that :)

AND hopefully it gives him a chance to redeem himself and continue to get my buisness.

what did you propose?

Yea thats cool, it just as you know you pay EXTRA for check to take place so that there are no "problems" with the watch.

Everything that was wrong with mine are not issues with me wanting to improve on them as they do not resemble an original watch

(like better crown, bezel or whatever) my issues are with BROKEN things, or bits falling off, fogging up.

For example it was meant to be waterproof........mine fogs up so I have my doubts.

Thats an issue for me as I paid for the Euromariner because it was........and I like to take it in the water, so now

its costing me money to get it preassure tested.

We understand what your saying about modding but this is not modding its just getting the watch into a conditon that you paid for it to be in before it was shipped.

Having paid extra to have it in that condition, then getting it in a different one and having to spend $100 to get it right (wasting money that could have been spent on mods)

If I knew this would have happened I'd have gotten it from some drop ship supplier and saved myself some money.

Chris wants me to send it back.....

I say no.

Its going to cost me more than he is offering to compensate to actually send it away, god only knows when I'll get it back, so I proposed

something else that wont cost him a penny.

Because I'm good like that :)

AND hopefully it gives him a chance to redeem himself and continue to get my buisness.

what did you propose?

I proposed he send me a noob caseback at the very least and seeing as its costing me $100 to fix all the problems

and sort out the bracelet pins, waterproofing and service/oiling, and bezel fix he might like to consider giving me

some kind of better discount on a Deep Sea Dweller Rolex with Swiss ETA.

That way we can sort things out, he is not out of pocket and having to fix things, I get my watch done locally (albeit at a

cost of $100, and we can maybe do some more deals in the new year when he is up and running at full steam.

:)

well, I have had no reply in regards to my situation.

All I got was the "Dear RWG Members,

Currently I'm traveling and sorting out some emergencies, I will be

back in office on 25th of November...."

I never got the "we will give a more detailed response in 24hrs....."

I have resent the email wih pics and details.

I live hours from a watchmaker so I have been unable to get it looked at. Today I am in the city and am going to have it repaired/looked at.

Soon a month will have gone by since I have paid and I have an unwearbale watch without a resolution from the seller.

I hope Chris is not ending up the same way as TWP... his business outgrowing him. I heard simular stories of QCs not being performed well or not at all. I was one of the first who ordered from Chris and I could verify all what was claimed (some of you may remember my Aquaracer review regarding his QC) but I'm seriously questioning his service lately.

That sounds horrible! Thought about buying a watch from Chris, but now I definately won't! Looks like he didn't do any QC at all and sending inferior quality at very expensive prices. And then no answers at all... That's bad... I'll stick with PT and Narikaa, since these two really do what they say.

I'm am very sorry for you and hope this issue will be solved!

Well he told me to send it back to Asia, he will fix it and do a an "extra QC" whatever thats all about!

I bought because he was UK/EU based......

He said he will refund me $25 off my next watch!

Well its gonna cost me that to send it back to him!

Not only that its basically not compensating me at all really, 1/2 off another watch would be better,

or even passing one on at cost price....

I'm not sending mine back, no way am I gonna pay to send it back, wait months to get it back again with no comms

inbetween, I'm taking it to a retired watchmaker (like my very own The Zigmeister find) awesome fella, he said he will fully

service it, fix the bezel, redo the strap issues with the pins, or machine me a new pin and make it watertight for $100

Personally i find $25 a bit of a slap in the face truth be told specially as his damd watch cost me over $500

If I had sent one of my top watches out in the condition I got mine, having also charged for QC too.....I'd

send them a nice one at half price or cost price.

He's still not out of pocket, I'd be happy and we can all get on a do what we do.

Guys,

Only posting here to show my avatar :D

As Alligoat said, it's a typical MBW/K case back..and I love it.

Cheers

Stephane

PS: really only posting the avatar.

lol

Funny mate.

Well, I do have to sympathize with the issues you are having. We all have our expectations and obviously in this case, they have not been met. I know I've been let down over the years, and I bet nearly every member has as well. That is why I now focus on modding, and building, so I get what I want.

Couple of things to point out, and I am not picking sides with you or the dealer. Just my observation:

1.) If you were not happy with the watch, why did you wear it? It is now a used watch, regardless of any QC issues. You should not have worn it if you were not happy.

2.) You mention it is not waterproof and it fogs up. I notice in one of your posts, there is a picture with the case back off to show the 'infamous' engravings. Sorry, but I don't think any watchmaker, or dealer, will honor any warranty if you removed the case back. If not properly reinstalled, there is a risk of waterproof issues, as well as the risk of dirt, dust, and lint, getting into the movement.

Anyway, just some food for thought on future purchases. I hope everything works out.

Hiya stilty, it went in this order...

Watch arrived

opened it

put it on

adjusted bracelet, screws threaded

went into sun

watch fogged (Not opened)

bezel fell apart on turning it!

Took it to watch smith to verify movement.

Sent emails off about being let down with Qc and quality.

so is the euromariner eta version actually swiss gen eta?

Hiya stilty, it went in this order...

Watch arrived

opened it

put it on

adjusted bracelet, screws threaded

went into sun

watch fogged (Not opened)

bezel fell apart on turning it!

Took it to watch smith to verify movement.

Sent emails off about being let down with Qc and quality.

Tub, He thought it was but agreed it was noisy.

Rotor needs changing and he can add heavier oil.

I just listened to a fossil $100 automatic at the mall.

I couldn't even here it tick, nor the rotor spin.

It was ninja!

(and, did I say it was $100!?!?!? )

:(

Odd eh!

ETA movements must be crap.

;)

Cht, try swinging by his website and sending it via his

website "contact us" link, it could be it's all accidently

going into a junk folder my mistake.

Hang in there mate, I know it's a pain but he will take

care of it all, either that or just get a watch smith to

sort fix things and ask if chris would be willing to hook

you up with a deal, it's easier and faster all round that way

mate, Im gonna use chris again in the new year and give him

a chance to get his buisness on it's feet after the nightmare

he has been through.

A dealer with 100% feedback won't risk messing about just

before they ramp up their buisness another notch, trust is hard

to come by in this game and he has assured me he is trying

his best to do right by everyone effected by his problems

of late, I believe him and will stick with him for now.

Cht, try swinging by his website and sending it via his

website "contact us" link, it could be it's all accidently

going into a junk folder my mistake.

Hang in there mate, I know it's a pain but he will take

care of it all, either that or just get a watch smith to

sort fix things and ask if chris would be willing to hook

you up with a deal, it's easier and faster all round that way

mate, Im gonna use chris again in the new year and give him

a chance to get his buisness on it's feet after the nightmare

he has been through.

A dealer with 100% feedback won't risk messing about just

before they ramp up their buisness another notch, trust is hard

to come by in this game and he has assured me he is trying

his best to do right by everyone effected by his problems

of late, I believe him and will stick with him for now.

Good outlook on this. Luckily, I haven't received my euromariner yet (still being finished and QC'ed). I've emailed Chris several times as I monitored this thread, sometimes frantically, but Chris has been very professional with his responses (albeit a little slow 24-48hours on avg.)(Chris must think I am a little loony as the content of my emails progressively became more paranoid). I really think Chris values his clients and business so in the end everyone will be happy, no doubt. As soon as I get my watch I will review and let everyone know what too expect. He has admitted that he had a bad batch and dropped the ball on the QC. I don't blame you guys for being cranky about what you got from Chris at all but give him some time on this.

update... my watch's crown just fell off.....

what the *BEEP*

i have just emailed chris and told him start a new watch as I DO NOT WANT TO WAIT FOR THE PROCESS OF REPAIRNG.

we'll see what he has to say

update... my watch's crown just fell off.....

what the *BEEP*

i have just emailed chris and told him start a new watch as I DO NOT WANT TO WAIT FOR THE PROCESS OF REPAIRNG.

we'll see what he has to say

oh no.....

:o

well, good news is, I got an email and a response!

Yippee!

I can send it back for repairs or have the parts sent back to me.

I just paid to have it repaired in the city. (dial, stem, crystal, bezel, and movement,) but I'll still need the parts.

Edited by cht