When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

has anyone ordered the Zenith open?

fotoman

so, IMHO one of the best watches of the decade, the zenith open, has been repped - and it looks pretty good. other than the balance wheel not lineing up directly with the hole - its pretty cool.

i'd like to hear of teh quality, especially the dial and also if that gear is a balance wheel or just a gear, it looks like a gear, but if you look at other versions of that mov't thts where the balance wheel is.

and i haven't seen any topics on it. I go away for a few weeks and this whole place goes to crap? :)

ZENITH-016-5.jpg

so, IMHO one of the best watches of the decade, the zenith open, has been repped - and it looks pretty good. other than the balance wheel not lineing up directly with the hole - its pretty cool.

i'd like to hear of teh quality, especially the dial and also if that gear is a balance wheel or just a gear, it looks like a gear, but if you look at other versions of that mov't thts where the balance wheel is.

and i haven't seen any topics on it. I go away for a few weeks and this whole place goes to crap? :)

ZENITH-016-5.jpg

I have the same question. I like to see the leather strap models as well always been my second fav. watch behind only the flying turbillion.

It truly does look beautiful. Although I wonder if they'll ever make the xxt version. the 40mm version is too small for me.

my guess is yes, especially when, its a very small modification to do it - now that they decorated part of the movement, why not.

Not sure why they even bothered with the 40mm

Dear Friend:

I've bought this watch & I can tell you it's a very beautiful watch.

But you should realize that; it's rep the old Zenith Chronomaster Open 40mm not the modern Chronomaster XXT open 45mm. That's why it's smaller.

The Venus 175 copy (Seagull ST19) is excellent movement; according to The Zigmeister. They have properly oil & serviced. The chronograph is using "Column-Wheel" mechanism; start-stop & reset is much lighter, smooth, soft touch than traditional 7750. And it's quite accuarte around 5 sec/per day.

Because I'm very busy in my MBA study; so I still haven't take any photo to pos it as usual. Give me so time; I'll go it ASAP!

Best Regards,

Raymond

Dear Friend:

But you should realize that; it's rep the old Zenith Chronomaster Open 40mm not the modern Chronomaster XXT open 45mm. That's why it's smaller.

The Venus 175 copy (Seagull ST19) is excellent movement; according to The Zigmeister. They have properly oil & serviced. The chronograph is using "Column-Wheel" mechanism; start-stop & reset is much lighter, smooth, soft touch than traditional 7750. And it's quite accuarte around 5 sec/per day.

Because I'm very busy in my MBA study; so I still haven't take any photo to pos it as usual. Give me so time; I'll go it ASAP!

Best Regards,

Raymond

sweet - we must see photos - is the gear at teh top a balance wheel or just a gear -

how is the AR? the regular crap? the xxt isn't more modern, there is a new open and xxt open model -with a see through part on the right side of the dial.

i like the older versions better, in open and xxt - :) i'm hoping for xxt soon.

i now only have 1 more watch on my all time hit parade - a good Ulyssee Nardin Maxi Marine Chrono -

Well I emailed Andrew and looks like no Zenith leather strap for a while. Is a shame I would buy it right now if it did. It seem like it shouldn't be that hard to do.

you know it's actually quite easy and even better to buy a leather strap elsewhere?

I love this watch, I was ready to order it when I looked at all my watches and... Well I just realized that I don't wear my smaller watch anymore.

Get the 45mm and I'm in, even at this insane price (common !!! Venus/Segull movement used to be in the 199-230$ range !)

Well I emailed Andrew and looks like no Zenith leather strap for a while. Is a shame I would buy it right now if it did. It seem like it shouldn't be that hard to do.

here is my observation

1. rep leather straps generally suck

2. leather straps have poor resale value

therefore, always buy watches with a stainless steel band, buy your leather band the way you lilke. Then, when you resell the watch, it will be like new !

here is my observation

1. rep leather straps generally suck

2. leather straps have poor resale value

therefore, always buy watches with a stainless steel band, buy your leather band the way you lilke. Then, when you resell the watch, it will be like new !

You make a very good point there. Where can I get a good quality copy of the Zenith leather strap?

You make a very good point there. Where can I get a good quality copy of the Zenith leather strap?

there are nice leather straps out there - but, if you want a real bad ass one- go to Aaron tan hktan - it will be worth it, i promise.

get a black, shiney, super thick dress strap. its BETTER than the zenith strap - and i just tried one on the other day. if you search and check out my tourbillon strap - the thickniss rocks

there are nice leather straps out there - but, if you want a real bad ass one- go to Aaron tan hktan - it will be worth it, i promise.

get a black, shiney, super thick dress strap. its BETTER than the zenith strap - and i just tried one on the other day. if you search and check out my tourbillon strap - the thickniss rocks

I did checked it out, very nice and very nice Tourby.. My other fav watch. But i like the strap clasp to be Zenith. Looks better IMO.

Like the thick and shinny look of yours though. I want to pull the trigger so bad but I want ti wait for a review, $388.00 is not chum-change.

Hopefully some will post one soon with pics.

ok in addition to wanting this watch in the 45mm xxt size, I'm throwing down the gauntlet. Seriously, if any rep maker can do this piece, I'd pay a padload for it:

Good God...beauty AND a tourbillon?! We'll be waiting a while for this one but I'd be in line right behind you!

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Friend:

Best Regards,

Raymond

cmon, some photos :)

FYI, this "older" model came in both regular and XXT and its basically the same watch with a bigger case, dial and a little more decoration on the edge of the dial - should be a no brainer to make.