When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

would a ETA 2890-2 fit a daytona @ 9 dail & case?

db1

• 3 weeks later...

i didnt.

however i did find a source for gen eta 7753 for about $700. but had seen his email after he took off from the place where the movements where found so i can not tell him get me one.

i think i'll get a standard ETA 7750 and have it modded with the a7750-tricompax layout plate. maybe thats the best solution for a low budget.

Couple of things here, I've never heard of a 2890-2. Are you thinking of the 2894-2 which is a 2892-2 with the chrono module- tri-compax- came out in the 90's?

Secondly, for the seconds at nine Daytona, why not just have the asian 7750 movement serviced- it runs a couple of hundred dollars and then you have a fairly reliable movement? Ziggy's the master of this, but other watchmakers can do it, too.

alligoat:

yeah i meant that movement with the DD chrono module. probably misspeled it on title, wow thanks for letting me know i didnt see that.

about a7750: The Zigmeister could do wonders to the a7750 movement with his proper service.

i was more thinking about swapping to swiss 7750 for the reason of parts availability and "standard"

(e.g. if i like the watch and wish to keep it for a long time, say the movement breaks down on me, then i go to a watchmaker, in case of a swiss movement it will be much easier to replace parts and\or inspect and service the movement)

db1