When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

4B perfection and a new Simona strap... pics

projectologist

Got my first point and shoot today (have always been anchored down by studio cameras). Haven't read the manual yet, but it's pretty much typical Canon intuitive.

So once I got into macro mode it was time for the first test shots. Put on the new Simona and liked the results on full auto.

Robert in SoCal

4B01.jpg

4B02.jpg

Looks almost gen! That crown looks fantastic.

It's a great rep for sure... the previous owner put together an amazing combination of mods. Found this gen pic of the same model @ RG which happened to be shot at a similar angle as one of my rep pics... notice the "L SWISS L" spacing and size is spot-on as well as most of the #'s.

Robert in SoCal

Gen

gen04.jpg

Rep

4B04.jpg

I don't know if it's the angle or what, but the case color is very similar, except for the CG. Perhaps more Cape Cod?

It' in a shadow... check out the 2nd pic in my OP. These coatings do strange things in different lighting situations. But the match between the cg and case is perfect. Avitt does amazing DLC finishes.

Robert in SoCal

Edited by projectologist

Gorgeous. What can you tell us about the PVD coating?

It's actually a much more durable coating... DLC. It was done by Forum member Avitt who offers the service. Highly recommended. I have yet to see any recent PVD coatings that come even close. The finish is way more durable and is quite beautiful in person,

Robert in SoCal

Here's a link to the build...

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=34646&highlight=dlc

Robert in SoCal

Hmm, the dial you show here and the one on chickenchunkie's pics are two different ones.

The one here definitely isn't garden variety rep 001 dial. Compare the shorter inner closing loop on number 6 for example, spacing between the 6 and the L Swiss L txt, higher horizontal bars on letter A in Marina and Panerai. Very very gen-like, actualy if I saw it shown somewhere else I would quite easily mistaken it for a gen.

You should be proud, mech Luminor sausage dials of this 1:1 closeness to gen and quality are few and far between in Pam rep world.

Great find!!! :1a:

babola

Here's a quick pic of the caseback... OP # should be 6519, but I don't think davidsen offers one.

Robert in SoCal

04caseback.jpg

Old school 001B caseback, now long gone. I actualy pinged Angus about sourcing another one and he said he cannot find this particular B1176/3000 anymore. There are few B1200/3000 and B2000/3000 still available but not a nice serial no combo. :-(

Hmm, the dial you show here and the one on chickenchunkie's pics are two different ones.

The one here definitely isn't garden variety rep 001 dial. Compare the shorter inner closing loop on number 6 for example, spacing between the 6 and the L Swiss L txt, higher horizontal bars on letter A in Marina and Panerai. Very very gen-like, actualy if I saw it shown somewhere else I would quite easily mistaken it for a gen.

You should be proud, mech Luminor sausage dials of this 1:1 closeness to gen and quality are few and far between in Pam rep world.

Great find!!! :1a:

babola

I'll see the original owner this weekend at our local GTG and try to find out more info on the dial. I have received several PM's asking me specifically about the dial.

Robert in SoCal