When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Panerai 187 On Choco Croco Strap

Guest TTK

I got the strap from Banda.... :bangin:

The 187's I have for sale.....with rubber strap......but sorry to disagree the croco looks great on the 187....JMO......!

i was just kidding neil...for the 187...so i said who did you get it from? :lol: ...

doesn't mater...

and as for the comments...the 187...needs a thick strap...that's for sure!

Three hundred and eleventy zogs......1x zog of course being equal to 17 dinarimbis....or 39 zargs.....at todays exchange rate....according to www.xe.com !

Edited by TTK

I guess I am wierd then because I like it a lot better than the rubber strap. You definitely need a dark color and the chocko blends in nicely. This is nothing but class. People will give this a double whammy when they first see this combination.

Usil

Edited by Usil

@Usil....thank you....!

Let me explain my thoughts on why this looks better on a croco strap....!

1. It's a sports watch...a LARGE sports watch.....very similar to the AP T3 ..but smaller than the T3 ( 57mm versus 47mm ).......the T3 as a sports watch....just oozes 'class'......so by my reckoning...if a T3 can wear a dress strap.....so can a 187.

2. This is from Panerais contemporary range of watches......so it's a modern watch with a modern look....a chronograph......it isn't a vintage Luminor base style watch..or a Brevetatto....style 1950.....whilst those 'vintage' and 'historic' watches look great on a Don or Dirk or 'docker's belt' type strap...even a bund strap.......this is a sophisticated watch...totally unlike the 'tool' watches that are represented by the likes of the 111 and Radiomir vintage style watches......it shows no line of heritage back to the WWII Panny's and Flotillia Maz military style of watch.....!

I rest my case for presenting this watch on a croco strap......albeit it's 26x22 and on a deployant clasp.....the strap actually suits the watch...whereas a 26x 26 thick strap wouldn't and doesn't.....I've already tried.....not visually pleasing at all....JMHO.......but hey...what do I know......whilst it may not be art.....I know what I like.....and I like this combo........:D

91230-28258.jpg

Edited by TTK