When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Quick hello from the North!

rvanacke

Hey everyone,

Im from Ontario, Canada and have been lurking here for a month or so now. Ive been reading and researching and man there are some nice rep's out there. I cant wait to buy my first but the problem will start right then and there - and I know I wont be able to stop! I'm hoping by this time next year Ill have a watch box full of great pieces and will be able to talk all the watch lingo with you guys.

Anyways - just thought Id say a quick hello and hope to be an active member in what looks to be a great online community!

Cheers!

Welcome aboard to Team Canuck. There are some great posters and members here from Ontario so you're not alone...yours truly among them.

You'll find with comfort that we don't have any of the customs problems bringing reps into Canada that anywhere else on the planet seems to have...so pick you're collector with wreckless abandon...or read my Noob Guide pinned in the Intros section for more detailed info.

Welcome to the site from a noob. Although I have the utmost respect for toad I'm not sure about the customs issue from my personal experience.. 1st order stuck in Customs for 13 days seems slightly eccessive to me. This is my 1st order and it's like winning the lottery if this is an unusual occurrence in this country. Just my luck. Dealer is great and offered to resend by end of the week if no change, just wouldn't want to lose 2nd one this way as well. We'll see what happens. Good luck in your endeavors.

Welcome to the site from a noob. Although I have the utmost respect for toad I'm not sure about the customs issue from my personal experience.. 1st order stuck in Customs for 13 days seems slightly eccessive to me. This is my 1st order and it's like winning the lottery if this is an unusual occurrence in this country. Just my luck. Dealer is great and offered to resend by end of the week if no change, just wouldn't want to lose 2nd one this way as well. We'll see what happens. Good luck in your endeavors.

It still hasn't come in??? Crazy...this is the first I've heard of this in Canada...seriously!! That is a long time...weird.

It still hasn't come in??? Crazy...this is the first I've heard of this in Canada...seriously!! That is a long time...weird.

Yeah it is crazy especially for a 1st timer but my lucks been a little crappy as of late. Good news is that Peter has reshipped and gave me knew tracking #. Don't think I'll track this one though, just wait for it to suprise me at my door. Don't wnat to jinx the second shipment. As long as it's only the watch that shows up at my door, if you know what I mean.

Yeah it is crazy especially for a 1st timer but my lucks been a little crappy as of late. Good news is that Peter has reshipped and gave me knew tracking #. Don't think I'll track this one though, just wait for it to suprise me at my door. Don't wnat to jinx the second shipment. As long as it's only the watch that shows up at my door, if you know what I mean.

Wow...first time for everything. I guess the thing is heading back to China then for whatever reason. He tracks it and sees it doesn't get to you...that's the service you want.

Crap...bummer man!