When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sourcing Gen Parts

wiseman

I have tried to search in the forum for this, but never really got the answer to it.

As I understand there are members at the board that build or mod their own watches and most of the Gen parts seems to be sourced either from auction sites like Ebay or sold between members.

Now, let

There is a minimum order to become an AD and most stores do not qualify just like in any high dollar industry.

You can probably source parts from a distributor or befriend an AD as a reseller and more than likely get a better price anyway.

Ofrei supplies a lot of Gen Omega parts.

Frank

Wasnt Ofrei quite hard to deal with?

Yep!

Don't bother,if you need to ask any question.

If you know exactly what p/n you want, you may get by, otherwise try Jules Borel or Cousins UK.

There are quite a few others around, but these 2 have a larger selection, and are helpful in trying to establish exactly the correct part you need.

Offshore

I do alot of business with Ofrei (placing at least 1 order/month) & as long as you know what you are doing/talking about, you should not have a problem. Bob Frei, the owner, is the 1 people often have trouble with. He can be a bit weird sometimes (ok, very weird) & he does not like to answer newbie questions. His business caters to professional watchmakers (who work on gen watches) & if you keep that in mind, you should be alright. Other supply houses offer the same or similar products & may be cheaper. But Ofrei's website is usually more up-to-date as far as what they have in stock than some other suppliers & they ship fast.

Ask for Sharon.. in the parts dept. she is really cool... set up your account using any name you like.. no one will ask for any documents.. jus need to give them a charge card to keep on file when you order.. as freddy I order quite a bit from them.. parts and tools .. without any problem what so ever

Sharon usually answers the parts line now.. and she can hook you up with an account.. should take a few minutes.. make sure when your ordering you have the proper parts number.. you will have a difficult time if you try and order by the "name of the timepiece" .. the parts or tool number they have listed is all important..

good luck

R