When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dlc'ed Pam 000 On Pav99

Pre V

do you know how much they charge for beadblasting and DLC ?

Here's the price list for the DLC @ IWW: http://www.angelfire.com/blues/andcameysiww/ship.html

@ V: :) I am loving your 112 PVD. The sandwich dial combined with PVD is most enticing. Makes me wanna kickstart......*drops back down to reality*...no more funds....sighs..

Edited by sennsi

My plans:

Buy a Gen 112H get a 2,1mm crown and JimmyFu CG and PVD them.

The case I have PVD'd is perfect.

I am thinking having six months the 112H like it is and six months in the PVD case with the crown and CG.

The warranty goes to hell but I don't care.

I am afraid to PVD the genuine case and CG and Crown :(

You know what I am contemplating the same thing (inspired by what you have done of course)

Get a gen. 112 and get it DLC/PVD by Jack. But I will getting the original casing in for the job. Personally, I don't see the point including gen. dial and movement in a aftermarket casing, crowns, CG imo. Still thinking about it though. It is a tough decision when you are dealing with gens. And the waiting period while the job is being done is also the hardest. As for the warranty..... :wounded1:

Either I go with this project or just leave it as it is....

I saw a good deal on 112.... if I dont pull the trigger now someone else would.

But I think someone already has. -_-

You guys are too rich for my blood. By the way, there is nothing better than brotherly love. :lol:

Sennsi-

I love that strap. It is sitting at home waiting for my 28 rep. It is on the way having been coated by Palp's source (OEM supplier to PAM) and with the new cyclops. Your OOO is beautiful and is making me drool though. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Certainly is. I offer TiALN coating which is what Panerai use on all the PVD models they make. As far as I know they have never used DLC on a production model except for some of the recent prototypes.

Hey Finepics,

I sent you a pm a week or so ago, have not recived a reply yet. should I send another? or wait? I know you are busy.

Certainly is. I offer TiALN coating which is what Panerai use on all the PVD models they make. As far as I know they have never used DLC on a production model except for some of the recent prototypes.

Finepics, I may be wrong, but I have read somewhere that Panerai changed the PVD coating for just one production model, the 195 (limited edition for collectors). Panerai people were not happy about the resistance of their previous coating (TiAlN) and they tried a new kind of PVD coating (DLC). The new coating proved more resistant but nevertheless didn't keep Panerai management happy, then Bonati said Panerai wouldn't issue another PVD watch again. :animal_rooster: