When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Date Wheel Font .. Snowflake

lanikai

A member was very gracious and hepled me immensley with my Tudor Franken Poject .. I would call it more than help.. and I would like to publically thank him.. but after I recieve his permission.. but for now I need some direction :)

To the Tudor experts ... which would be the ultimate correct font for my Tudor Snowflake franken ? I have the genuine dial and hands .. movement .. crystal ..but would like to get the font spot on..

I am thinking the lower Ring font .. the larger font .. but should it be the thicker font.. ??

it will be going into and eta 2871 ...which has a DW .. is that the correct font.. ?

thank you in advance guy's !!

tudordw2871mov005wi7.jpg

tudordw2871mov006nq0.jpg

Please .. excuse the poor quality pics.. :p

I don't have an answer for you. I am jealous thou! I can't wait to see the finished product. I have wanted a snowflake sub since I 1st saw one on these forums.

Good luck bro

arrghh... LOL.. waiting for a reply... B) .. but thanks CG.. Aloha Mai... Bruddah !!

tudordw2871mov006nq0.jpg

This 1, which I believe is the same as the DW in the upper right in the other picture (which looks closest to me), looks the best. The Tudor font is tall, rounded & narrow. It is also serifed, which none of the options you posted appear to be. But if I saw this 1 in your watch, I would probably assume it is gen.

I see you're putting those parts to good use, big R!

:)

As for font... I myself just went with the very standard ETA font and white datewheel, which I have seen as a replacement on a few of the 9411's out there:

IMG_3930.jpg

However, if you can find one, this is the one you really want:

3683_3.jpg

Silver and brushed finish with bold serif'd fonts.

Hope this helps...

R

I see you're putting those parts to good use, big R!

:)

As for font... I myself just went with the very standard ETA font and white datewheel, which I have seen as a replacement on a few of the 9411's out there:

IMG_3930.jpg

However, if you can find one, this is the one you really want:

3683_3.jpg

Silver and brushed finish with bold serif'd fonts.

Hope this helps...

R

Since you are the "that member" that gifted me the parts for my dream Tudor .... I thank you kind Sir !!!! Shoot this was like the best Xmas in September.. :D

It's great for the one whose generousity and kindness is answering this thread !!!

I kinda like the big font .. but I will use the one that comes closest to yours R

With Much Aloha

R