When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Would you buy a Gen EXPII ?

wadan

Greetings to all

I have always considered the white EXPII as a timeless classy watch ,and always planed to buy a gen , giving the current climate :rolleyes:

Would you buy a Gen EXPII ? Or do you feel that the current reps are accurate and reliable enough to detour you from investing 4000$ ?

Thanks in advance for your input and cheers :D

HI the rep is not close to the gen in my opinion, having owned 3 Gen, 2 white, 1 black I would go fo the gen all the time.Its a great watch and very understated. The dials are never right, the GMT function , hand set is wrong and the bezel markers are not right. Also the rehaut depth is never correct. All these things make up an average rep.

regards

TomH

Hi there i actually purchased a White Exp. II back in May this year. Personally i think its one of the best watches from the Rolex line. Its elegant but still robust enough, also the second TZ proofs to be useful for me.

Out of the box replicas are not the same deal there are flaws that have been mentioned above... still that can be improved and some people made their EXP. really close to the gens with addition of gen dials better gmt hands etc...

Still nothing will beat the real deal... on the link below u can see my pictorial of the Gen. EXP. II white dial... that came my favorite watch even over the Gen. SD i have purchased not so long ago.

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...plorer+II+white

regards Laz

If you really love a watch, nothing but the gen will do. At least that is how it seems to sit with most of us. Just make sure that you love it before taking the plunge though as that can be an expensive mistake. Reps are great for that test. Make sure you have the best rep available for a bit and then you will be able to tell if you really do love the watch as much as you think you do. If so then when you buy the gen you will know you are doing the right thing and you won't even think to ask around to see if it is a good idea or not...

I disagree, somewhat, from the previous responses. Where I disagree is that I think the EXII is a pretty good rep. Is it an exact copy? No. But I think it is close enough so that only a knowledgeable Rolex collector will know. The average guy on the street (that includes the average gen owner, who typically knows NOTHING) would never know it is a rep. However, there is no question that the gen is a far better watch in terms of fit & finish, not to mention overall construction quality. If you view both the gen & rep side-by-side, the differences, to the knowledgeable eye, are quite apparent.

The bottom line is that if you can afford the gen (regardless of the economy), get the gen. If not, familiarize yourself with the details of the gen & search out the rep version that contains the inaccuracies that offend YOU the least.