When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I really miss this place!

llsteve80

I've been around a little bit more than the new usual, credited to the Thanksgiving break. Noticed that I'm missing pretty much everything about here, the camaraderie amongst members, the new watches, heck even the "who has the best sub" noobs.

I also miss the expectation and anticipation of ordering a new watch, based on what I read here. (Hopefully during the summer I can allot myself some dough to buy something.)

I miss this place like it was home.

And 2nd semester next year I'll be transferring to University of Hawai'i Hilo..... As a Geology major, a campus sitting on the base of an active volcano is perfect. Shall I save for the move, or for a new watch haha. 4k mile move is not easy. But this place will still be here.

Mostly, I've realized that I miss the people that drive this place. This is more than honor amongst thieves, we may be engaged in something illegal, but unlike thieves, we have a common interest besides money. The help members gave to others here.....AMAZING......advice, astonishing..... Most of us are here not only to research and communicate, but to help. Gen communities (and yes, this place, RWG is a community) seem to somewhat revolve around bragging rights. The watches might be fake here, but I think the members and posters here are as genuine as people can be. And thats what's great. Normal people with a similar obsession. Most of us would get along with the other famously in person. Hell, I'll call this a family.

Keep it going RWG, and for the love of god last forever so I can be permanently present here once I finally obtain my degree.

Steve

School is fun! School in Hawaii...well...what can you say. I passed through U of Honalulu...beautiful place...don' know about Hawai'i Hilo...but it will be hard to go steer amiss. You will certainly not go wrong going there...especially vs. Chicago.

You might need some new watches though to make sure you get to class on time...and a watch with a good tach to time the frequency of geological anomalies...

School is fun! School in Hawaii...well...what can you say. I passed through U of Honalulu...beautiful place...don' know about Hawai'i Hilo...but it will be hard to go steer amiss. You will certainly not go wrong going there...especially vs. Chicago.

You might need some new watches though to make sure you get to class on time...and a watch with a good tach to time the frequency of geological anomalies...

New watches so I don't miss class....HA. Good idea. Maybe a calculator watch for math then? It was 7 degrees F out last night. Kind of wished I was in Hilo already.

All I know is any school on any Pacific island has to be better than Ballam Park Tech*.......yeah thats where I went. :(

Good to have you around a bit more and always try to find some time to pop in. :)

Ken

* I believe it's had a name change now....probably to wipe their association with me off the slate :D

Well Steve .. as the Volcanoe has been overly active for over a decade and more so now... (you will learn also of the Goddess Pele when you get here)

Your going to love UH Hilo !!.. a very good eclectic group of students .. new dormatories ... and the people of the "Big Island" are really cool,.. warm folks..

You'll be not far from the fresh water springs .. and when you are settled you must take the drive to Kona.. around the Southern most point in the USA.. we call it "south point".. DOH :huh: .. and then aroujnd to Kamuela ... cattle country .. nothing but rolling hills and great Hawaiin cowboy's (Paniolos).. Parker Ranch is the largest cattle ranch in the US..

anyway.. you are going to love the Big Island .. at least you will not suffer from "Island Fever" it's big enough fo sure !!

Wow,.. you could even go up to Mauna Kea.. the worlds largest telescope is there with another to be built.. and yes, there is snow in Hawaii..

but let's keep in touch.. my schedule is nutz .. but if you are going to pass through Honolulu .. and have a short layover... you need not worry about transportation .. or "grinds" .. (lunch) cause we will hook up.. jus hope it's not on the weekend.. as my business takes up all my time then..

and if you need anything while in Hawaii.. ya got a "big brotha" here to take care of things for ya..

look forward to seeing ya .. you'll be far from your home (not rwg of course) .. but know that we.. in Hawaii will have your back !! .. anyone get on your case .. we'll have 30 Harley's show up.. B)

Aloha~Cheers

Lani