When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

BP 5002 V2 Lume Question

lanikai

I saw it posted.. I cannot remember if it was Delta T ... and I am thinking it is the markers and the triangle .. on the dial.. that is all..

I did a search and also found some great genuines.. but no Lume shots.. does anyone remember what the correct lume is on the 5002 BP

Thanks you for your time.. I just want to verify that I am correct

Aloha

Lani

@lani, you have PM :)

for everyone else who's wondering, here is what the lume should look like on the 5002 big pilot :victory:

bigpilot5002lumeshotge5.jpg

deltatahoe

thanks B !!!.. I knew you could answer this one !!.

so the hands are luminous "white" and the stick markers are "green" when they give off the lume ??

I really want to get the direction for this one spot on

thanks again for your time !!

R

hmmm....i'm wondering if possibly the exposure time has to do something with the way this picture looks...:g:

if i were a betting man, i'd guess both the hands and the stick markers are relumed with pure c1 superluminova, with the hands having a thicker application of lume (which is why they are glowing "brigher" relative to the markers). i did a quick check on my 5004, and the hands definitely glow a little bit brighter than the markers ;)

hope this helps,

b

hmmm....i'm wondering if possibly the exposure time has to do something with the way this picture looks...:g:

if i were a betting man, i'd guess both the hands and the stick markers are relumed with pure c1 superluminova, with the hands having a thicker application of lume (which is why they are glowing "brigher" relative to the markers). i did a quick check on my 5004, and the hands definitely glow a little bit brighter than the markers ;)

hope this helps,

b

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yeah, I also had a gen 5004 for a while and I can tell you the lume on the hands and the indices are both C1 and are the same color uncharged in daylight. I also don't remember the lume being different colors when charged.

hope this helps,

b

• 1 month later...

That lume shot looks great! The BP is my first rep in the last 2 years and back then I never really got into the "mod bug" but with this BP I'm hooked.

I've got an order in with Aaron for a strap and will try to get in on Chief's next AR run as soon as he's done living his life ;) I was curious if I could get both of those done at once to limit the amount of time it's off my wrist.

Maybe someone I could send it to who could remove the crystal and send it off the Chief and, at the same time, do the relume. I know Chief mentioned something along those lines in the AR Service FAQ but I wasn't sure if there was a "crowd favorite".

And I would be remiss if I didn't give a big thank-you to lanikai for taking me by the hand and educating me on the ins and outs of the BP 5002.

Many thanks for all the advice from the pros out there!