When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Montbrilliant Legende--Now Available!

italiano17771

the small one on 3 ? i think i can live with that for the benefit of having NO sunken datewheel.

hope somebody can confirm this?

Yes, the small one at 3. But I guess the dial's "feet" (sry I dunno it's name) what holds it on the movement should be cut shorter, but I'm not sure about that.

Greetz.

Looking on the pics on that ebay link, it looks as though you could put a small lip on the edge of the datewheel (to make it higher than the gears), and then stick another date wheel on top.

a7750_secs3s.jpg

If you want to keep the proper chrono function operational...there doesn't look to be a whole lot of room to stick a lip for the datewheel...as you would then need another dial spacer likely to accomodate the increased height above the mod that moves the dials around.

It does indeed look like you could disable the minute totalizer and bring everything up if you add the appropriate spacers to ensure the decreased height doesn't affect stem alignment or proper seating of the dial between movement and case .

I think somebody needs to try this mod...but that somebody won't be me. ;)

Looking on the pics on that ebay link, it looks as though you could put a small lip on the edge of the datewheel (to make it higher than the gears), and then stick another date wheel on top.

This would work too I guess, but it would be problematic, as the upper DW might touch the gears, or it would be too high, in the same height as the pivot holding the 30 min counter, which would mean touching the dial as well.

It's better to remove the 30 min transfer module, and cutting the dial feet. THat's just my guess, we would appreciate some pro's opinion as well.

Greetz.

What movement is in the gen? I get "Caliber 23" from google, which I think is a 7753?

Could we not get one of those and swap them over?

Yes, a 7753 would work correctly, but afaik it's expensive, and hard to get. We'd really need a movement pro here! Please chime in!

Greetz.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I asked Trusty if a custom install of 7753 would be possible for the Legende....the reply was not possible. No reason given but I think there maybe some unknown technical issue that we do not know about. So far, the 7753 has been fitted in daylight, santos 100 chrono and timewalker chrono. Again, not sure why it is not possible for legende....there goes my dream watch :(

Here are the problems with installing a 7753 in this model:

Hand size- Easily solvable

Movement- The 7753 is much thinner than the modded A7750. Spacer ring issues and possibility of improper crown/stem alignment.

Date wheel- The 7753 datewheel is slightly more outboard than the A7750's. Gen dial would be required.

Given the fact that we have no confirmation that this rep would even fit a gen dial (and it would likely need a sliderule insert as well), I find it highly unlikely this mod would work. Unless someone with very deep pockets wants to prove me wrong ;)