When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai Questions

Guest HaloArchive

Guest HaloArchive

Hi All,

Back around May, I was looking at getting into the Panerai field. I was and still am interested in getting a PAM88. I was warded off though due to DSN's problems with customer service. Who carries good 88's now at a reasonable price (not over 250 to 300$US)?

If you reccommend I start in Panerai with a different watch, please dont be afraid to tell me.

Thanks!

here's my 089 after the case has been oxidized to resemble the genuine TI

wristshots089ebel009dx3.jpg

the anthracite dial in different lighting.. this has been relumed by Ziggy.. genuine OEM kruzer TI crown,.. Lello DW.. all it needs now is a DSN AR'd crystal..so to show you what can be done with these reps :)

wristshots089ebel022ik9.jpg

Thanks ND.. congrats to your Soooonerrsss !!

for the newer members .. the TI on the genuine should look something like this.. there are several how too's around from last year.. the colour on the genuine is rather dark like the IWC Ingy TI.. it took me about a week of oxidizing and reoxidizing to get it just the way I wanted.. one thing with the TI metal in these reps .. they are all different.. meaning their properies are not really consistant..IMO .. some TI's I have took very fast others like this 089 took patience.. notice the genuine crown.. it is not oxidized.. proof that that is the genuine look.. :)

50842843gr6.jpg

Guest HaloArchive

Fine, you've sucked me in. Im looking at getting a PAM 005. Now, which dealer has the best model for the lowest price? Also, im having trouble getting around peoples sites so, it would be helpful if you guys provided links for me please :).

Thanks everyone for your help so far!

FYI. the 104 would be my choice .. re: it has the Date .. running seconds @9 and the updated mag and AR coat.. needless to mention the updated thicker font.. unless theyu have updated the Pam Logo .. it is still too squared compared to the genuine for me.. I thought DSN was working with one of our members .. so if in fact he did update the 005 then it should be great.. but for everyday wear I really need a date function... :)

img2679vu1.jpg

img2675vf9.jpg

Although, there are some mods.. Ziggy Lume. and kruzer OEM crown.. :) and it is also a 44mm

but what ever you decide ..

Live Strong and wear it well.. you will probably end up with more than one though..and my wrist is 7' to 7.5" depends on my diet..

Guest HaloArchive

So, I've been noticing, there are the PAM 005/ PAM 104 with asian movements. Even though you can't see through the backs' of the watches, is it all that important if its Swiss or not? I'm sure that the Asian mvm't is most likely perfected by now. And, since I'm kind of weary getting into the Panerai feild, I would rather spend closer to $150 to $180 if possible. So, who would offer me the best deal for the money out of the dealers?

Many of the asian movt work very well - not all though.

I hate the date function because when you have many watches and rotate them often you have to keep updating the date function. That being said I love all my Breits with dates.

It really does not matter which panerai you start with as it will lead to many others.

img2675vf9.jpg

Although, there are some mods.. The Zigmeister Lume. and kruzer OEM crown.. :) and it is also a 44mm

but what ever you decide ..

Live Strong and wear it well.. you will probably end up with more than one though..and my wrist is 7' to 7.5" depends on my diet..

Who did you buy this one from? How did you pay and how much? Do any sellers still take paypal nowadays?

Thanks,

:cowboy:

Edited by Alan_Schezar

Guest HaloArchive

Well,

Thank you everyone for your input. i have made up my mind that most likely the age of replication, will be pertty much the same with the dealers listed on this site.

I give a special thanks to Lanikai for spending time uploading images.

Halo

+Rep to everyone :)