When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Latest completed project watch

Shundi

Well I can't find the thread now but some of you may recall that Ubi had a beautiful skeletonized ETA 2892A2 in a TW best Omega Constellation case up for sale over the summer.

At the time, I was looking for a skeletonized watch for my girlfriend's father who, due to cancer, has lost a lot of weight and cannot pull off large watches as a result (he's not a big guy to start with)

I happened upon Ubi's for sale listing and, at the urging of CBR (if you're reading this, Hi Terry) and some others and was not disappointed! The watch was beautiful!

I needed to have some work done to the case to repair a minor issue and ended up having all new lugs laser welded onto the case and made the decision to install a leather strap (the original lugs are integrated and apparently made of a pretty soft metal as there was sheering during shipping) after the fact to make the watch easier to wear... hopefully he'll like it (he's a closet watch guy but he just stares for hours, never really buys anything)

Just got it back today and my friends at Tourneau threw in a nice leather carrying case for free! ( I had the work done at a seperate shop in Boston, not an AD)

I think the leather strap looks pretty classy and the movement is a truely beautiful thing (not to mention the fact that it was serviced by The Zigmeister :o )

Apologies in advance for the pictures...I'm up in Boston for work/ the holidays and don't have my regular camera...

dscf0691xb8.th.jpg

dscf0692td9.th.jpg

dscf0697fa1.th.jpg

dscf0696yc2.th.jpg

dscf0698nf1.th.jpg

dscf0695bp2.th.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Also, side note but tried on a BP Fifty Fathoms, the new SMP Bond QoS special edition and an IWC Porto. Chrono... I think I'm in love with all three!!

Looks great. And I'll tell you, there's nothing like giving something unique like this as a gift. At thanksgiving I presented my brother with a franken/gen Datejust that was a long time in the making, and he could not have been more thrilled. I'm sure your father in law will be moved beyond words.

I saw that datejust...absolutely amazing timepiece...how'd he like it?

Great Timepiece Shundi.. Sophisticated ... at the opposite end of the spectrum from what I'm used to seeing.. smile.gif

I'm sure your gift will be well appreciated as a lotta Love went into your thoughts..

Lani, any man who ages fine cigars is urbane in my book!

beautiful watch, and a beatiful gesture. If you are in boston we should try to do a mini gtg, my time is tight, but I can try to squeeze out some time.

That'd be awesome...we'll have to see what we can work out...feel free to PM!

WOW... Today was a great day to check in and say hello! Congrats on a great project!

I hope that the recipient of this fine watch wears it well!

T

Got that PM...luck of the draw! Stay safe!

Beautiful piece...and a nice gift!!

Thanks Toad!!

Great gift.

I think he will feel the love and thoughts going in to this watch everytime he wears it...

I got a bracelet from my sister when I got cancer (free of cancer for three years now) and I wear it everyday.

It don