When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Davidsen Crystal To Hell.

Today I took my davidsen crystal to my watch smith to have it installed (PAM111h). When I picked it up I saw directly there where scratches on the crystal, but he said it was just dirty and needed to be cleaned. After cleaning the crystal, it was more then clear that it was not dirty but scratched serverly. He denied having any thing to do with the scratches. The crystal is sapphire so I doubt that the crystal itself is scratched, I think the A.R. layer must have been scratched out of the box or during installation.

Questions:

He said that he never came near to the back of the crystal, he said that the crystal is pressed from front downwards and there is no contact what so ever with sharp objects and the back of the crystal -> is this true?

Has anyone recieved a davidsen crystal with scrathes out of the box?

Is there a way to remove scratches from the A.R. coating, or remove the A.R. coating all together?

post-406-1153583248_thumb.jpg

[censored], that is not good....

100% shure the christal was scratchfree, if so we have to go to the watchmaker and :bicycle: his balls!

Today I took my davidsen crystal to my watch smith to have it installed (PAM111h). When I picked it up I saw directly there where scratches on the crystal, but he said it was just dirty and needed to be cleaned. After cleaning the crystal, it was more then clear that it was not dirty but scratched serverly. He denied having any thing to do with the scratches. The crystal is sapphire so I doubt that the crystal itself is scratched, I think the A.R. layer must have been scratched out of the box or during installation.

Questions:

He said that he never came near to the back of the crystal, he said that the crystal is pressed from front downwards and there is no contact what so ever with sharp objects and the back of the crystal -> is this true?

Has anyone recieved a davidsen crystal with scrathes out of the box?

Is there a way to remove scratches from the A.R. coating, or remove the A.R. coating all together?

[censored], that is not good....

100% shure the christal was scratchfree, if so we have to go to the watchmaker and :bicycle: his balls!

Well,i think it is msot liley that the Ar coating get scratches some how.

You can send it back to me and i will replace you a new one.

By definition a genuine sapphire is scratch free.But the Ar coating attched on teh down part of teh sapphire is not.

I will remove the ar caoting completely witht the AR striper and send for a re AR coating.

Pm me and i will send you my psotal address .

Nice to see a dealer with a good after sales option. I recived one of these crystals and as the jeweller says, no contact should have to be made with the inside layer. Care is needed with these crystals when cleaning them before install.

Opthalmic companies use a hydrophobic layer to toughen the finish but I doubt the asian factories do the same. Maybe David can tell us how it is applied.

Well,i think it is msot liley that the Ar coating get scratches some how.

You can send it back to me and i will replace you a new one.

By definition a genuine sapphire is scratch free.But the Ar coating attched on teh down part of teh sapphire is not.

I will remove the ar caoting completely witht the AR striper and send for a re AR coating.

Pm me and i will send you my psotal address .

Wow Davidsen I appreciate this very much. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Thanks you sincerely for the terrific service… :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have PM-ed you for requesting your shipping address. I shall send you the crystal asap...