When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blacksteel on Zulu

jake48

OK - Which one do you think looks better? Thanks for your input.

it's always hard to tell what one of these PVD watches really looks like from pictures. i think these two pictures i pasted below look best, so depending on which picture you feel is more representative of the actual look of the watch, that's what color strap i'd go with.

BlkStl2.jpg

BlkStl4.jpg

hope this helps ;)

deltatahoe

Delta, I think he meant which watch strap looks the best :)

yeah, i guess i wasn't clear in my response....i had a hard time deciding what color strap i liked better given the color of the blacksteel (watch head) looks different at different angles and with different lighting. so i told him (or tried to tell him, probably not very effectively though) which strap i liked better depending on the true color of the watch in person.

does that make sense or am i going nuts as usual? :crazy:

deltatahoe

Going nuts? You should see the world from my side of the computer screen LOL I think I am 100% certifiably koo koo (at least that is what the wife tells me).

Anyway, you are right. I was wondering about the two different colours of the straps. The top one is greenish the bottom one is black. I guess I could have been clearer. I am partial to the top one myself, but not sure...

Generally I'm not a Nato strap guy, but the greenish grey looks great with your Blacksteel. Can' wait to see one of these watches in the metal.

Robert in SoCal

Robert,

I am sure our paths will cross soon. I have heard about you from the "Boys" I look forward to meeting you at the next GTG.

One question about these and sorry to go off on a slight tangent...I know this is a copy of a limited edition watch but are these copies also limited edition.?

I don't want to miss out on one but I also don't want to grab one while they are priced so high....

Yes the Gen is limited and no, the Rep is not. There was a chance to request a specific serial number if you wanted and you still may be able to do so, but even at that, I don't belive that once they produce the Rep they kill that specific number. I do know, for a fact, that they are coming with random numbers as a few of my buds have them as well and we all got different numbers. As far as the price drop. I am sure it will drop some, but probably not a whole lot. It really is a great watch.

Good Luck...

Edited by jake48

seeing as how you have both .. "No Problemo!" .. you have options with both.. I rather like the Silver, it brings out the case in a nice contrast.. however tomorrow I may favour the black.. but then again I am no Fashion Guru... :p

I know, I've been absolutely no help.... B)

Whoa-d. Excellent set-up.

I'd go with the black Zulu. Really gives it that navy seal, black ops feel.......

......but then again, that dark gray really seems to match the tones in the PVD.

Either way, it's wayyyy cool bro!!

Edited by jkirke

Whoa-d. Excellent set-up.

I'd go with the black Zulu. Really gives it that navy seal, black ops feel.......

......but then again, that dark gray really seems to match the tones in the PVD.

Either way, it's wayyyy cool bro!!

Hey J That is exactly what I saw in the two different looks!

I appreciate the input from everyone. I am leaning towards the dark grey/green strap. In real life it really does bring out the pencil lead colors of the watch and compliments it well.