When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first Rep Tag Heuer Carrera

danielbar@gmx.de

Hi and congratulations for the rep.

I am trying to buy one just like (i think it's the one with the saphire glass on the back too - http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=22015).

Can you tell me (PM maybe if not here where have you bought it from and how much have you paid for it).

Also, can you tell me what movement does it have and if it is really water resistant?

10x

Edited by razvanbar

Hi and congratulations for the rep.

I am trying to buy one just like (i think it's the one with the saphire glass on the back too - http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=22015).

Can you tell me (PM maybe if not here where have you bought it from and how much have you paid for it).

Also, can you tell me what movement does it have and if it is really water resistant?

10x

The thread says it was bought from King. Go to the King gallery and you'll see more pics of the watch. Don't expect it will be water resistant...but if you're lucky and you get it tested, it may be. See my Noob Guide for links to threads on water resistance.

It will be an A7750 with decorated rotor. Contact King directly for the price.

• 6 months later...

I don't dare take my Carrera swimming, much less submerge it for any length of time (lack of a screw-down crown and pushers are too much a risk for water entrance, imo. besides, i have other reps that are designed for water play). I've run it under a tap and gotten it wet when washing my hands plenty of times, nothing to worry about. Splashing water on your watch won't do a thing to it, keeping it submerged under water is a different story...

Good idea to grease the gaskets for some extra security, however.

(besides, the Carrera is for driving, not swimming! :drive1: )

Since I wear my watches on my left hand, the pushers and crown are facing outwards on my wrist...so hypothetically if I had the tap going and a stream of water went over the right side of the watch (over the pushers/crown) would any water leak in? Am I just being too paranoid, or should I be taking my watch off to watch my hands?

I wash all the watches as soon as they arrive, with colgate and a toothbrush under warm water and have never had a ater leak of any kind Carrera and Link included

Toothpaste is filled with small sand-like particles which could potentially scratch your watch, just be aware of this. I know this because a friend of mine used clean his spectacles with them, and they ruined the coating and the surface of the lenses.

• 5 weeks later...