When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first rep, finally modded to my satisfaction...

Guest avitt

This is the one that started it for me...A PAM 118, purchased from River back around '04/'05.

This has always been one of my favorite watches, and has received more than its share of wrist time. Over the years, I've done a few mods, but recently I decided to put on a few "finishing touches".

Mods and upgrades on this one include:

1. G Series movement (this one originally came with the Swiss 6497 with foil overlays)
  2. Cannon pinion fix
  3. KP lumed dial
  4. T-48 Ti crown
  5. Upgraded CG (original Ti CG's had anemic levers)
  6. Complete case finish overhaul (I've done this several times over the years...Ti scratches easily)
  7. Tootall strap
  8. Ti pre-V style buckle
  9. River spring bars
  10. No AR crystal (much better than the silly "purple haze" of the original rep AR - I might get around to getting a single AR coating at some point)

img4207hc2.jpg

img4186xh1.jpg

img4190au2.jpg

img4191ji3.jpg

...and a lume shot:

img4202ub3.jpg

CG is from......?

Looks GREAT, avitt! You do need to give that CG pin a little lovin' though. ;)

Thanks.

The CG was a part that I picked up from a member at some point over the last couple of years. I flattened the pin a bit...The problem is that the it's a little too short, so it looks too recessed. At your suggestion, I drove the pin back out a bit, so that it's more flush. This is as good as I need it to be:

img4213jn9.jpg

img4214xi6.jpg

Excellent! Did you give the lever/pin the ol' hot glue treatment, as well? That would keep the pin from working it's way loose, if that's a concern with it bumped back up like that.

I used Shoe Goo. I think it will keep the pin in place (judging by how tough it was to tap the pin back out...)

Very nice my friend..

Have you though considered to remove the MM036 serials from the case and get a proper caseback? That wouldn't be very difficult and it will be a great improvement.

Thank you very much, V.

I'm sure that I could easily remove the serial numbers. However, even if I could locate the correct caseback, I'm not sure that it would be worth it...the movement is a dead giveaway anyhow!

Here's a case back reference picture from 'risti (for the benefit of everyone else...I know that you are already familiar with this, V ;) ):

pam_118_2.jpg

• 1 year later...

OK...never one to leave well enough alone, I went and stole the case of this watch to build a nice 203A. This left me to rebuild this piece, yet again, from a used DSN 177.

I think it has taken another step in the right direction:

img6844o.jpg

img6846jw.jpg

img6848e.jpg

img6851wd.jpg

...I showed this watch to my wife, and said "You know, this is the first real rep that I bought, back in '04/'05...Well...it was sort of like this anyway. I've changed every part but the dial...I've changed some parts 2 or 3 times..."

"You guys are strange" is all that she said - as if she didn't already know :rolleyes:

Beautifll T wub.gif

Wives just don't get this hobby, I'm afraid

Thanks D!

I've got to say that Mrs. Avitt is probably more understanding than most! (It helps that I keep her well stocked in watches :good: )