When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Grand Complication Orbital Tourbillion

slickdick

To be honest...I don't think this one captures any of the beauty or "complication" of a regular tourbillon at all. It looks merely like dial cutouts onto undecorated bridges with cheap hands.

It's not a hit in my eyes...

Agree absolutely - it looks cheap and some "handyman" has been cutting holes in it - to expose a poor interior.

It's certainly not for me either.

While I have to agree that it's not the most attractive movement ever made, especially when compared to a gorgeous authentic Breguet, it is certainly a clever little complication that I would love to see in action. I would pick this watch up but the price - $468 - is a little steep in relation to the product involved.

For $200 I'd buy one, just because it's really interesting.

What's next? An Asian copy minute repeater movement? That'll be the day...

• 3 weeks later...

The watch in itself isnt much, that wasn't the point. It is an interesting movement, where the tourby is the entire dial. Since it's chinees (seagull?), i think its a pretty good archievement.

Indeed Corgi, this proves to me they move at a pretty fast pace, the day they will make a minute repeater, it wil be a great day.