When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

2008 Deep Sea Review

lanikai

i Just saw this at some local reps stores here. I asked the lady to put it against the flourcescent light and she did for a few seconds. What i saw is that the hands were blue but the markers were green including the pearl.

But its a nice watch heavy too :)

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i Just saw this at some local reps stores here. I asked the lady to put it against the flourcescent light and she did for a few seconds. What i saw is that the hands were blue but the markers were green including the pearl.

But its a nice watch heavy too :)

Deepsea being sold @ local rep stores?....cool. Where are you based out of mate? Was it V3?

Deepsea being sold @ local rep stores?....cool. Where are you based out of mate? Was it V3?

im in the philippines, your very near a 3 or 4 hour flight from singapore :)

i did not know the quality of the watches here are also good and cheap too.

Here is my post regarding my daytrip today. Its the same watch you can see in this review so i guess its version 3

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...mp;#entry587254

Here is my post regarding my daytrip today. Its the same watch you can see in this review so i guess its version 3

You saw the watches @ Green Hills? :p

I have been there a few times and most of the watches are Korean....though I did see some nice PAMs and HBBs a couple of months back.

Cheers

You saw the watches @ Green Hills? :p

I have been there a few times and most of the watches are Korean....though I did see some nice PAMs and HBBs a couple of months back.

Cheers

Are they no good in terms of quality? I thought these watches are all from china? They did say its korea but after reading replica forums all come from China.

Should i buy one in greenhills?

Thanks

I am used to the guaranteed delivery of the reps from the dealers on this forum .. for what it's worth .. they will guarantee delivery and defects..

if you can buy locally you are lucky !!.. these reps are sold World Wide.. so you are probably seeing the same rep that comes from China..

Salamat Po ~

L

Mate....you do get some decent reps @ Green Hills.....just that you need to ask them to show you the good stuff...and need to be knowledgable enuff to figure out a good rep from a bad one. I rely on the resident experts here to say which version of which rep is closest to the gen and then get it.

Give it a shot....

Can I ask the guys who have the best version, does it have the larger crown as per gen?

I have tried on the real one today and it was very noticably bigger but I have not seen it mentioned.

I was also very suprised by how much reflection the crystal showed. Other than that the rep looks very good.

thanks guys,

there were some dealers that did show me more expensive ones. around 35-4000 or about 100 dollars or so and were inside a case not in their displays. what i noticed was that these were much heavier than the ones shown in their displays.

ill give it a shot

Thanks again

thanks guys,

there were some dealers that did show me more expensive ones. around 35-4000 or about 100 dollars or so and were inside a case not in their displays. what i noticed was that these were much heavier than the ones shown in their displays.

ill give it a shot

Thanks again

Let us know how it goes

Just got mine yesterday, Pics forthcoming!!, Holy Sh*t is this an awesome watch. Believe the hype kids!!! I own 5 gens and I can tell you with no hesitation that this watch has nearly everybit the gen Rolex feel as my gens. Lani already wen't over it with a fine tooth comb much better than could I so I won't be redundant. BUT!!! The lume is the best on an out of the box rep I have ever seen (mine turned blue right away after sitting under a halogen lamp for 20 min. Of course it does not glow as long as a gen but for the initial glow it's just as bright and strong as a gen. The bracelet is a wonder. The crystal AR is dead on to my friend's gen and as Lani pointed out the dial printing is F-ing flawless. The bezel on mine is also smooth and firm. Not quite as firm as my gens or my friend's gen DeepSea but I have to send it to Rex for something after all!! Honestly though this watch needs no mods. Sure if you are a real nitpicker you might want Rex or Zig to kick the lume up a notch or tighten the bezel. (or swap in a calibre 3135 if you can find one at a reasonable price!!) Kidding aside this watch is a must have!!! No doubt it is the rep of the year. Mine sits proundly with my Gens. For a fleeting moment before I bought this i almost bought a Deep Sea from my AD. I was on the list. I am glad i passed

Hi-

Great review! Can you tell me where you purchased the watch and for how much? I would love to get this watch and am new to the whole thing. I need to know who you can trust when purchasing.

Thank you!

Matthew

Thank you ~

I obtained mine from Joshua @Perfect Clones .. perfect88clones@gmail.com ... the price is listed on his web site or you can email him.. fyi.. you have a choice of dealers

perfect

trusty

King

PT

I myself have been dealing with Joshua for sometime .. you need to find who you are comfortable with

I will say Joshua's after purchase service is impecable .. as I'm sure the others are for those who know them.

Good Luck in your purchase

Live Strong and Wear it Well

Lani

Can I ask the guys who have the best version, does it have the larger crown as per gen?

I have tried on the real one today and it was very noticably bigger but I have not seen it mentioned.

I was also very suprised by how much reflection the crystal showed. Other than that the rep looks very good.

The genuine as in the review has a high point to the emblem .. the rep is definately not 1:1 with the genuine.. this is normally the issue with the rep crowns....

the rep crown is about 9 mm.... I have not seen this crown in the genuine and I don't know what the genuine size is.

edit add:

My bezel insert is riding lower than the crystal on the 9 o'lclock side of the watch.. this may be in part the issue with the crystal appearing flatter than the gen.

the crystal may have been set improperly as the 3 side of the crystal is sitting above the bezel as the genuine is, but the 9 side is below the bezel.. I'm not sure if there is a gasket in place and if that has been comprimised.. but I am curious to see if reseting the crystal ans changing the bezel will help.. it may be the bezel is bent a little... one can hope.. :) ... who say's we are OC ..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just saw a couple of days back that honpo's got a replacement bezel to the DSSD. It is much thicker than v3 when compared side by side. Too bad his site just got taken down again. It looks much better IMO. Think this will be v4? If I know the dealer, yes they will make this v4.

Lani what size is your wrist?[

Samurai Posted Yesterday, 06:58 PM

QUOTE (dandonnelly @ Mar 9 2009, 12:45 PM)

About the bloody size of my thighs

:lol:

my wrist size is normal ..it goes from 7" to 7.5" and a litlle larger at times.. it depends .. after I train it is smaller for a time .. I finally broke the wall.. I gained 7 lbs. so I'm 192 lbs. now.(dunno what that is in 'stones') .. my point is my wrist size varies.. but it is the regular size,.. it's the rest of arm that is not in sync with my wrist. :p

So if you are wondering if the DeepSea is too big for your wrist.. IMO.. NO .. even if you have a smaller wrist, the clasp takes up almost my whole underside (of the wrist) so the balance is very, very good, due to the design of the bracelet, the clasp anchors it very well .. the DS will not wobble even if you have a small wrist.

In this pic my wrist is downsized.. I just finished a 3 hour training session, it has recovered since, but this is a pic that shows my wrist at it's smallest size .. so no worries on your wrist size.. just strap it on !! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

wristchecks009.jpg

ExtraExtra Posted Today, 05:15 PM

I just saw a couple of days back that honpo's got a replacement bezel to the DSSD. It is much thicker than v3 when compared side by side. Too bad his site just got taken down again. It looks much better IMO. Think this will be v4? If I know the dealer, yes they will make this v4.

Honpo.. is... Honpo.. and their pricing reflects their replications ... IMO, it will depend on how well this version did on the World market ... that will be IMO, the determining factor if another version will be earmarked.. :)

Edit Add: .. for those that missed the thread of my DSSD Ziggy relume.. this is it:

wristchecks027dh7.jpg

wristchecks029bu8.jpg

The rep. lume is also blue .. but Ziggy is.... Ziggy B)