When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What's Your Top 3 Picks ?

lanikai

2008 Top Three

I'd like to know what eclectic picks we have here; or is everyone on the same page for .. 2008 ?? Pics if possible please B)

I'll defer from posting my choices till later .... I'd like to see "YOUR PICKS" :) weather it be Sports Models ... Dress Models.. or ultra $$$ pieces

Thanks in advance

Aloha~Cheers

Lani

Hey Lani....just clarifying....we rating the top 3 reps that got released in 2008....or overall top reps for this year?

Nah.. I'm not taking a "vote".. I am just curious ... btw isn't your question well ... redundant.. or is it me :huh: ?? ... is 2008 different from "this year".. :p

seriously .. just curious to see what you think .. be it based on technical "correctness" .. or other priorities..

whatever you feel .. some may have personal preferences .. brands etc. .. I just would like to see what yall think ?? B)

thanks

L

it sounds really weird to say this, since I collected for 3 years without buying a rollie, but here are my top 3 for 2008:

1. V3 Deep Sea - Despite narrow bezel font, WOW

2. GMT II C IHS - what else can I say that hasn't been said?

3. 40mm Milgauss - damn fine watch - even though I let mine go over no date window weirdness

1. - SKYLAND - Blacksteel or otherwise - Crazy accurate look and feel!

2. - IWC BP 5002 v2 - Amazing quality and accuracy for the price...

3. - GMT II C IHS - First of the new case rollies to get it right.

Honorable mention (as it isn't officially out) - The BK/WM9 "Who has the best Sub" 16610.

From what I have seen, this sub blows every other sub out of the water and in terms of accuracy, may very well be the best "Out of the box" Rep to date...

I bought surprisingly many watches in 2008.

My best picks:

Ebel Discovery

One of the most accurate reps produced. I really like this one... not oversized, clumsy, blocky and ugly like many new watches.

IMG_0216.jpg

GMT Master II gen

Always wanted this watch and the reps simply didn't quite "cut" it for me:

1.jpg

Black Explorer II

This was a must-have buy for me... to complete my Explorer II "collection". Great, accurate and extremely underrated rep.

3-1.jpg

Honorable mentions:

WM9 Submariner v1

The "Super Sub". The only reason I didn't keep this was that I already bought the v2. It's coming from bklm1234 eventually.

3.jpg

GMT IIc

Great replica, but this watch still haven't quite "grabbed" me... at least not yet. It's just something that all Rollie-fans should have in their collection. It's not $6000 nice, but it's definitely $300 nice. Whoever said this about GMTIIc is right.

3.jpg