When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Black Steel ~ HK Tan Black and Red

lanikai

Perhaps if HK offered this with the sides painted black instead of red. More subtle but still FREAKIN' AWESOME!

Actually after wearing this combo for a while .. I really like the red rubber finish on the sides.. it is not a genuine Breitling design.. but it should be IMO

my initial knee jerk reaction was "too much" .. I think I was jus being too rigid.. :D

While wearing it and the looks I was getting .. I was actually getting a little self concious .. almost gave one guy a.... What !!! Good thing I didn't .. he said,"Cool looking watch".. :doh: didn't get that before Aarons strap ... B)

Can't take my eyes off it. :)

Can't get it off ma wrist either.. :huh::)

Back in the day Hong Kong Tailors loved to do the sports coats with red stitching on the lapels.. etc..

I asked Aaron for a strap for the Chopard when I got it.. he suggested black with red stiching.. then I forgot about it.. didn't I see a pic of your Chopard with the red stitching?? .. would ya mind posting a pic of that even though it's not Breitling ?? I like the gator hide with the stitch.. think I'll have to order one for the Chopard chrono ...

thanks W ..

I ordered my 4 weeks ago, he told me it was shipped on Dec 16th, I got a tracking number but when I track on the page he sent me it says, invalid item.

He wanted to check the post office today to see what is wrong. still waiting on his answer.

Can I trust him or should I request my PP payment back? Right now I feel like I am getting scammed.

I ordered my 4 weeks ago, he told me it was shipped on Dec 16th, I got a tracking number but when I track on the page he sent me it says, invalid item.

He wanted to check the post office today to see what is wrong. still waiting on his answer.

Can I trust him or should I request my PP payment back? Right now I feel like I am getting scammed.

Aaron is Solid .. no need to worry and definately not reason to think of him as a 'scammer" in anyway.. just sounds like a mix up of sorts.. it happens to all of us sooner or later, when things are shipped half way around the planet.

Just be patient.. I ordered this strap long before I recieved my Black Steel

I,... as I'm sure many members will vouch for Aarons Integrity... You'll recieve your strap soon enough I'm sure. :)

I received my strap today, tracking number was as Aaron said and it looks like the Thai post srewed up.

Great strap, great guy, I will buy again.

Edited by SFSO

I've got the same strap and it's very well made. It might be a bit too much red for my tastes though for a daily wearer. I slapped on the rubber again and I'm loving this watch all over again!

A couple of years ago I saw the most awesome strap on a 3717,.. first time I saw either the 3717 Pilot or the strap.. the strap turned out to be a HK Tan... so I attribute getting hooked on Aarons straps to Euno .. he was the first I saw with that combo .. and it was breath takingly AWESOME !!

Still got that image Euno.. I'd love ta see it again :)

I think it's odd that they didn't make a strap with at least red stitching on black as an OEM option. The red really makes the red on the watch "pop".

"Traditionalist" .. actually I cannot recall any brand that uses coloured thread in their straps .. maybe that will change now.. :)

There are some 'boutique' brands such as Temption... And Chopard did with the Mille Miglia pvd black & red watch (too bad the black case is shiny). Tag has some also with red accented straps.

Temtion was one of the first. This watch was tha sh*t a few years ago when it came out. Case is PVD, too.

temtionblkredchro3.jpg

blackredam1.jpg

There are some 'boutique' brands such as Temption... And Chopard did with the Mille Miglia pvd black & red watch (too bad the black case is shiny). Tag has some also with red accented straps.

Temtion was one of the first. This watch was tha sh*t a few years ago when it came out. Case is PVD, too.

temtionblkredchro3.jpg

blackredam1.jpg

that nails it ! DLC all the way for me.. what a difference in the finish coat.. DLC makes the PVD look "plastic"

thanks Euno ..