When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Air controllers geared for the big fly in!

offshore

So down here in Oz, the air controllers are at fever pitch, diverting traffic so a fat guy in red, and an improbable flying sleigh, mit reindeer, can commence his yearly duties!

Sort of makes one wonder, why he doesn't base himself on Chatam Island!

Then at least he would have a flying start in his major 24 hour quest!

Kids and grown ups to, are settling down, for an early wake up, to see what goodies are awaiting tomorrows dawn!

To all my friends @ RWG, I wish you a Merry Christmas, and a great New Year.

Can only hope the fat little guy has a special super rep, stashed away, as at least a stocking stuffer.

Happy Christmas..... and let's not ever take the Christ out of it!

Offshore

I know that pilots are the glamorous face of air flight, but it's the air controllers who keep them flying safely. I've been told that being an ATC is the most stressful job in the world, so I have a lot of respect for them and the work they do :good:

Funny!

I think we need to hack NATO SAT ATC for real time though. Departure is 2359Z on the meridian, and estimated expect further clearance for approach time is 0000 back at base 0001Z. I'm not sure how it works, but I think you have to have a working knowledge of Einstein's applicable theories. Which I don't, suffice, it's a honkin' IAS adjusted for global density altitude, global temperature, compressibility, instrument and installation factors (it's an old sleigh). I wouldn't know how to approach a weight and balance comp with regard to 'every good boy and girl' 's payload and fuel burn (reindeer dump at altitude).

I know that pilots are the glamorous face of air flight, but it's the air controllers who keep them flying safely. I've been told that being an ATC is the most stressful job in the world, so I have a lot of respect for them and the work they do :good:

Amen. +100

I know that pilots are the glamorous face of air flight

Of military heros, international major air carriers, stunt pilots, record holders, Reno racers, test pilts and Richard Branson, absolutely. Of Flight Instructors? The run to fast food at noon is the best part. :lol:

and still, I would gladly fly squawking 1200, in the blind, on my own pilotage knowing a worthy aircraft maintenance technician Ok'ed my bird. A monkey can steer a Cessna 172 around the sky. I'm here to tell you. But Mr. Cessna and the AMT allow him to sleep in his own bed at night.

Thanks Nanuq, I'm gonna track him and when he gets here finally grab a picture of him. I cleaned out my chimney and locked the doors so..........I'm waiting.

I know your kidding Robert, but I'm not too sure....................it never happened without pics.

Thanks Nanuq, I'm gonna track him and when he gets here finally grab a picture of him. I cleaned out my chimney and locked the doors so..........I'm waiting.

You think so, huh?

He sees you when you're sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows if you've been bad or good...

Kindly olde Elf, or CIA spook?

B)