When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA 7750 questions

Guest Dr.TuB

How much are they going for? i am thinking about replacing A7750 in my hublot with a ETA 7750. and i have no idea if what my watchmaker here in taiwan is charging too much or too little.

also, he has sourced a eta 7750 from a Longines and he has completely serviced it to brand new like. the subdials are 6 9 12 with second running at 9

can i use this with my hublot big bang tuiga?

How much are they going for? i am thinking about replacing A7750 in my hublot with a ETA 7750. and i have no idea if what my watchmaker here in taiwan is charging too much or too little.

also, he has sourced a eta 7750 from a Longines and he has completely serviced it to brand new like. the subdials are 6 9 12 with second running at 9

can i use this with my hublot big bang tuiga?

No you cannot. Gen HBB and rep HBB have a modified 7750 to transfer the minutes totalizer from 12 to 3.

BTW, you cannot use a ETA 7753.

Francisco.

so how reliable are these?

and how do you mod it?

what do i have to tell my watchmaker here in taiwan?

Some have done this before and I actually have one HBB with swiss 7750 in it. But it was modified by getting some parts in the A7750 and combining it with the Swiss 7750. And that's it you already have the gen movement. :)

It is pretty reliable still keeping time, I bought it from a member here. Thou I don't know what he did to make it work for a HBB rep. All I know is you have to have it modified in a way you have to get some parts from the A7750 and bring it together on the swiss 7750. I knew this as I read a thread before people talking about it.. If I remember right ajoesmith knows what to do and some others too.

I think it is easy for a watchmaker to do.. Maybe some mems here will chime in and share their knowledge for you my friend. :)

It can be done but finding someone to d it will be the hard part. ALso you have to have the parts as well.

HBB movement is basically the ETA 7750 with minutes at 3 oclock

BUT

When moving the minutes to the 3 oclock position with transfer gears, this adds height to the movement therefore the subdial pinions need to be longer. The seconds, minutes and hour gears will have to come from a donor asian slow beat 7750 movement of the same configuration 3,6 9.

The minutes and hour gears are a piece of cake to install but its the seconds that will cause problems as that involves complete dis assembly of the movement and as you have to swap the seconds gear from the donor Asian 7750 to the ETA 7750 that means complete dis assembly of 2, YES TWO movements and then reassembly. A very time consuming process!

The date wheel and date wheel assembly from the donor movement will also have to be used

I think thats all thats involved.

My advice, dont bother. The Asian 7750 is a good movement, not the older crap ones but the new fastbeat ones. As good as ETA according to The Zigmeister!

I have just realized that you have a HBB Tuiga, thats a closed case back model, i wouldnt bother putting an ETA 7750 in there, no one can see it! and that would be the whole point of putting a ETA 7750 into a HBB as you would want it to be more genuine etc.

With the closed case back, the hassle to get the ETA 7750 and add the necessary parts, I'd stick with the asian 7750 thats already in it!

Some have done this before and I actually have one HBB with swiss 7750 in it. But it was modified by getting some parts in the A7750 and combining it with the Swiss 7750. And that's it you already have the gen movement. :)

I am the only one that I know of that has ever done this modification. In fact I have done two of these modifications and will never do another, it's a nightmare and extremly difficult to do, so you sir have a collector's piece :)

RG

I am the only one that I know of that has ever done this modification. In fact I have done two of these modifications and will never do another, it's a nightmare and extremly difficult to do, so you sir have a collector's piece :)

RG

Oh really? :D Thou I got mine from RolexFinder and he told me his local watchmaker/smith in Thailand did it for him. ;) Got it for 550$. But it seems like the datewheel is an ETA DW and not from the A7750.. hmmm.. don't know how his watchsmith did it maybe there's another way? If its a nightmare for you I now retract what I said that its an easy task for a watchmaker! And an impossible task for amateur modders like some mems. <_<

Yes I also think if its a Tuiga its not worth doing the gen movement route as it is closed caseback anyways.

I just checked the thread where I got the HBB, and I got it for 425$!! If I remember plus with 25$ shipping.. then my friend watchsmith fixed it for me (thou he doesn't want to get paid, I gave him 50$) and right now its still running great!

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=83592

Edited by peyups

RG

Ahhh yes...I remember reading about this project. Would the other owner chime in to let us know how it's holding up? :D

Oh really? :D Thou I got mine from RolexFinder and he told me his local watchmaker/smith in Thailand did it for him. ;) Got it for 550$. But it seems like the datewheel is an ETA DW and not from the A7750.. hmmm.. don't know how his watchsmith did it maybe there's another way? If its a nightmare for you I now retract what I said that its an easy task for a watchmaker! And an impossible task for amateur modders like some mems. <_<

Well I stand corrected.

My hat is off to whoever did the work, because having done two of these mods, I will never do another. You need a number of donner movements to be able to get this to work as you need a number of Asian parts to install into the ETA. The problem is that the Asian models keep changing and finding parts that will fit and work into the ETA is a real challenge.

So that is 3 Asian 7753 layout movements that have been upgraded with the ETA 7750 that I am aware of, so it's still a collector's item :)

RG

What do you mean by 3 asian 7753 movements? Isn't it 7750? Actually rolexfinder told me he may have to ask his watchmaker again to make another one for him.. haha. Maybe he's paying him right! lol. But yes I hardly see any HBB rep with Swiss 7750 on it, I guess it is that painstaking to do that's why.

I can't seem to find the thread about the project DuDro, do you have the link? I am interested in reading it too..