When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Playing with the newest lume, White with Blue glow.

RWG Technical

I picked up some of the BGW9 from RC Tritec, it is a daylight White lume with a Blue Glow. I think the new SD has this for lume??

C3 lume is the brightest lume available, no matter what some may want you to believe. The ETA specs rate C3 at 100% intensity, and this new lume ranks #2 at 95% intensity. C1 by comparison only glows 33% when compared to C3.

So I picked some up as I think there could be a need for it. I have been playing around with it and here is a SD dial I had laying around that I lumed with the new stuff.

I find that the initial "brightness" of this lume is not as bright as C1, which doesn't make a lot of sense to me, given how the BGW9 rates on the ETA data sheets. So I am not sure what is going on, maybe I am slightly blind in the blue colour band? I don't know. It does look neat and is a nice change from the standard green glow we have become used to. The long term brightness seems to stay more constant after charge than C1, so maybe it isn't initially as "bright" but keeps it's overall brightness longer. The initial brightness fades in a few minutes for all the lumes, even C3, the overall long term glow is what interests me more as it allows you to see the watch all night.

I will be luming a Cousteau with it, including the bezel so I am interseted to see how it turns out.

8.jpg

Thanks for looking.

RG

Rob I like that blue lume..hmmm it would look really good on that Junkers I will be sending you in March

Can it be applied over existing lume? :)

Bill

Rob I like that blue lume..hmmm it would look really good on that Junkers I will be sending you in March

Can it be applied over existing lume? :)

Bill

Almost all the lume I apply, is applied over existing lume. The only ones that are a problem is markers that are very small and a totally different colour. They would need a white base coat before applying the lume and trying to paint white on small markers can be a problem.

RG

The lume on the Junkers really isn't bad..maybe we concentrate on repairing the watch before we improve it

1230Junkers.jpg

I never realized it before but it already is kind of blue :)

Bill

Probably only historical for me..:)

neat neat neat airplane

(3 ) 700 hp BMW motors JU52/3m the 3m is Drie motren..:) the first version only had 1

aqui.jpg

Look at those flaps...amazing

It was like flying over Berlin in a cast iron bathtub with wings and horsepower..

smelled like an old airplane, vibrated like an old airplane, performed like an old airplane...

but not bad climbs to 10,000 feet in about 15 minutes..and could haul MAJOR weight

a day I will never forget....

finding the watch after that flight was the cherry on top of the whipped cream on top of the apple pie....:)

Bill

Holy...wow that lume looks pretty cool! Do you know if Rolex mixes their own proprietary blend or does RC Tritec supply them with lume?

I never knew you could apply lume over other lume...I thought I read something about having to remove it from the indices first but I guess it makes sense that unless the colors are totally off it shouldn't be a problem...much like painting a wall in one's house...

Thanks for the update and pictures! Can't wait to see some DSSD's relumed with this stuff :bleh:

i think the blue color is much nicer than the green for any modern watch. Ive ordered a DSSD and i cant wait to get it to see how the blue looks. I dont expect the lume to be very good, but i am exceited to see the color

good info

thankyou!

i think the blue color is much nicer than the green for any modern watch. Ive ordered a DSSD and i cant wait to get it to see how the blue looks. I dont expect the lume to be very good, but i am exceited to see the color

good info

thankyou!

Surprisingly....the DSSD has pretty decent and long lasting lume