When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Slevin with Blue Lume ?

lanikai

Ok.. thought I would post.. since I know there should be a few opinions I can evaluate to decide on weather:

I should get my Slevin lumed with the new white to blue Lume Ziggy has in ...

It will show white and charge blue... the genuine I am assuming is green when charged .. jus thought it would be something of a different look .. blue is a nice colour as it is .. but a blue lume would be great.. (ok I'm trying to sell it to myself for the Slevin :) )

And it would show (dry, not charged) white anyway..

Thoughts ..

thank you in advance

L

Anything will be an upgrade to these lume-wise. As you know, I have a gen and neither the lume or AR is its strong suit. These watches are all about the coolness of the internal bezel and the greatest and most comfortable/innovative bracelet design. The other bonus is nobody executes Ti like IWC in my experience. But the lume is pretty lame. Especially since there is the huge strip between 12 and 3 and even that is weak on the gens. Go figure. Anyway, not knocking the watch really - wouldn't trade mine for the world, but just saying anything you can do to make the lume more interesting and powerful would be cool in my book.

I do believe I will have a Cousteau in the shop for lume today...and it's going to be done in the new C1 blue lume.

So you'll have your answer before you have to decide, I'll post some pics when it's done.

RG

Thanks R ........

watcher Posted Today, 08:52 AM

Certainly would look different.

The lume is green on the gen. I will add that the 12 and 6 subdial hands are not lumed on the gen. Only the seconds at 9 is lumed. A few have made that mistake already I've noticed.

Thanks Watcher.. that info is an added bonus to this post.. B)

Right. Interesting they did that as the hands are still tipped with paint, but it isn't Luminova paint. It was a surprise to me when I first saw it on my gen. I thought something was wrong when only the seconds subdial was done.

Also, on the Ti model like I have, the minute hand is yellow like the 15 minute countdown ring. Because the yellow lum is much weaker, the hour hand is WAY brighter than the minute hand - not that even that lume on these is particularly bright as I mentioned, but visually the steel version looks way different in low light than the Ti version...

The lume is green on the gen. I will add that the 12 and 6 subdial hands are not lumed on the gen. Only the seconds at 9 is lumed. A few have made that mistake already I've noticed.

I too was suprised nt the lume when I bought my gen slevin a month ago. It is nice and bright on the main hands but the bezel must be 50% less. Also the ar is not as strong as some but that said the whole watch is beautifully built and finished and in another league to rolex and many others costing much more!

Right. Interesting they did that as the hands are still tipped with paint, but it isn't Luminova paint. It was a surprise to me when I first saw it on my gen. I thought something was wrong when only the seconds subdial was done.

Also, on the Ti model like I have, the minute hand is yellow like the 15 minute countdown ring. Because the yellow lum is much weaker, the hour hand is WAY brighter than the minute hand - not that even that lume on these is particularly bright as I mentioned, but visually the steel version looks way different in low light than the Ti version...